New Nissan Owner in Houston

Firehawk

Welcome to the Club...hope you enjoy your ride for many years to come. Have you done a computer diagnostic check yet? The instructions how to do one is listed in the How To section. That the first place to start the search for your answer. Cheers

Here is a video of the intermittent idle issue I am trying to sort out~ Engine is warm, does it at least 30% of the time I am at a light or whatever. Runs just fine other than that.

th_M4H00314.jpg

I have not done a computer check only b/c the issue cleared up after driving it off and on for a week or so. The truck had barley been driven the previous 2 years, so I am chalking it up to "it needed to be driven" : ) Thanks for the reply!

I had a similar issue with the sporadic idle on my wifes car. It turned out to be a collapsed upper radiator hose. How that affects the idle is beyond me but, a $9 hose fixed the issue. You can check if this is your issue by looking at the rad hoses while the engine is cold. If they are "sucked in" then that could be your problem.

I had a similar issue with the sporadic idle on my wifes car. It turned out to be a collapsed upper radiator hose. How that affects the idle is beyond me but, a $9 hose fixed the issue. You can check if this is your issue by looking at the rad hoses while the engine is cold. If they are "sucked in" then that could be your problem.

If your radiator hoses are sucked in when cold you need another radiator cap. The check valve on it isn't letting the coolant from the reservoir tank return to the radiator when it cools.

James