The vents on the dash do not blow

crue313

Hello all. I have a question about the vents in the dash that are suppose to blow towards you and down at your feet. My vents do not blow but it does blow through the defrost vents on the top of the dash. When I switch it from on to the other I can hear something clicking and clanking inside the dash. Anyone have any ide as to how I would fix this or how to take the dash apart?

what controls where the flow if air goes is a white circular mechanism that is moved by a cable. When you move the dial from defrost to head & feet, the cable spins this circular thing in a different direction which shuts off the defroster vents while opening up the dash vents. If you only have air at the defrost vents, then something may be faulty with that mechanism. It's right above the gas pedal secured to the center console thing where your radio is. Just give it a look over.

what controls where the flow if air goes is a white circular mechanism that is moved by a cable. When you move the dial from defrost to head & feet, the cable spins this circular thing in a different direction which shuts off the defroster vents while opening up the dash vents. If you only have air at the defrost vents, then something may be faulty with that mechanism. It's right above the gas pedal secured to the center console thing where your radio is. Just give it a look over.

Agreed you can easily see it move while you changing between modes good place to start.