04 Pathy hitch and trailer wiring Q's...

Tuned200

Im looking into getting a hitch for the pathy, its a 04 SE 4x4. I want something that doesnt hurt the rear depart angle. Any suggestions? I wil even go OEM if they are the best.

Also, what wiring should I buy, If any? Thanks.

All I plan on towing is a 4x8 trailer for my ninja. Maybe a trip to Home depot every now and again.

Brian

When you do get a hitch, don't chince and get the 5000lb hitch I bought the OEM and installed it myself it is not hard. The reason I say get the heaviest one because one day you will need it, then you will be kicking yourself in the @ss for having to buy another hitch and having to sell your old one.

Just thought I would give you a heads up.

:beer:

From what I've seen, the OEM ones stick the closest to the bumper and hurt the departure angle the least, but I'm sure there are other brands that make an OEM identical hitch, though I don't know what they are off the top of my head. I have a Class III Hidden Hitch on my 97 and it sticks out a bit far. Looks good though, and will teach whoever rearends me a good lesson :D

From what I've seen, the OEM ones stick the closest to the bumper and hurt the departure angle the least, but I'm sure there are other brands that make an OEM identical hitch, though I don't know what they are off the top of my head. I have a Class III Hidden Hitch on my 97 and it sticks out a bit far. Looks good though, and will teach whoever rearends me a good lesson :D

Do you have a pic of this?

I bought a Hidden Hitch Class III or IV(rated 5000 lbs, ~$180 shipped). Uhaul installed it for me for $30. I installed the OEM trailer wiring ($48). IMHO it looks the best and you see less of the hitch as compared to other hitch brands including the Nissan OEM hitch. It is a round tube design with very small place for a step. I put a rubber brake pedal pad there and it works fine. Receiver sticks out about 6 inches from bumper.

Their FAQ webpage will address a lot of questions for you. I will post a picture later. It was a great value choice for the price, warranty, and look.

I bought a Hidden Hitch Class III or IV(rated 5000 lbs, ~$180 shipped). Uhaul installed it for me for $30. I installed the OEM trailer wiring ($48). IMHO it looks the best and you see less of the hitch as compared to other hitch brands including the Nissan OEM hitch. It is a round tube design with very small place for a step. I put a rubber brake pedal pad there and it works fine. Receiver sticks out about 6 inches from bumper.

Their FAQ webpage will address a lot of questions for you. I will post a picture later. It was a great value choice for the price, warranty, and look.

Do you have a pic of this.

Thanks to all who replied and posted pics.