my turbo path

Alfredo24PR

UPDATE See last page for trans update

front pic with black headlights. Plus transmission will begin rebuild this monday!

0fd036b7.jpg

Just thought it would interest you guys ;)

My turbo path dyno video, plus a look at the dash with gauges

photo.jpg

image.jpg

Front.jpg

TurboPath.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOOV_yd58Ao

Leave comments here since my friend is whom uploaded video on youtube :)

Edited by Alfredo24PR

You are my hero! Im definitely going to need more info on this such as parts used and how everything is setup. A driving video would be sick also!

Well the parts list inlcudes a Tial BOV, Tial Intercooler, the turbo is cheap and for the turbo to work properly and FMU was added for it to deliver more fuel with a fuel pressure regulator and walbro fuel pump and other stuff. exhaust is 3" all the way no cats or resonators and if I am not mistaken the muffler is a dynomax.

I am working on brakes and then I would be adding a Haltech.

The driving video, I will try to find someone to video it since I am a lone driver :)

FYI: That engine will go explode if you put as much as 10 PSI into the block. I would not go over 8 PSI just for safety. You will have to completely rebuild the motor with lower compression pistons if you want to boost it above that. Also, stock VQ engines are known to blow up when boosted without a proper tune, even at a low PSI setting.

• Like 1

FYI: That engine will go explode if you put as much as 10 PSI into the block. I would not go over 8 PSI just for safety. You will have to completely rebuild the motor with lower compression pistons if you want to boost it above that. Also, stock VQ engines are known to blow up when boosted without a proper tune, even at a low PSI setting.

Yeah i know, im getting a Haltech ASAP and later some pistons, plus do you know if the tranny can handle the horsepower?

If you are using the automatic, I don't think it will handle anything over 270-ish HP. You will notice it when the transmission starts to slip. If you are using a manual you should be good until 500 HP or so.

Id love to see how the manifold was made and actually fit, do you know much about the install or did your mechanic do most??

I put a 50 shot on my VQ a while back and the auto trans HATED it and slipped bad everytime, I cant see your tranny if its oem holding that power for long at all.

Would love to see some street pulls!!

Congrats

Id love to see how the manifold was made and actually fit, do you know much about the install or did your mechanic do most??

I put a 50 shot on my VQ a while back and the auto trans HATED it and slipped bad everytime, I cant see your tranny if its oem holding that power for long at all.

Would love to see some street pulls!!

Congrats

My mechanic did all the work lol, he made the manifold and every custom work. I will shoot a video so you can see what is visible of the work that was done.

I will try to post some street pulls, when I have a passenger with me that can video it :)

The tranny well I guess switching to manual is an option or reenforcing the auto but i will talk to my mechanic and see what he tells me.

The manual transmission for the R50 is the FS5R30A, which was also used in WD21s. Manual trans Pathfinders do not have the power valve screws. Other than that, I don't know of any significant differences.

Thanks for the info, and WOT: I know its not an easy task, but I must do something for the trans :)

The tranny isnt even the weak point in my mind, the block in my eyes is a ticking time bomb with that much boost and an FMU for tuning

Still no close up pictures?? Under the hood, your turbo is way up and off to the side with the compressor side outlet facing in an interesting outward direction Im curious how the piping was done there

Getting that manifold fabricated must have been tiiiiiiiight, I quiver at the thought of even removing my manifolds on the VQ

Very nice. If you want to keep it automatic it'll need a newer RE4 from a supercharged Xterra or Frontier. They will handle the power and not grenade like the one that's in there now will.

The tranny isnt even the weak point in my mind, the block in my eyes is a ticking time bomb with that much boost and an FMU for tuning

Still no close up pictures?? Under the hood, your turbo is way up and off to the side with the compressor side outlet facing in an interesting outward direction Im curious how the piping was done there

Getting that manifold fabricated must have been tiiiiiiiight, I quiver at the thought of even removing my manifolds on the VQ

I will shoot a video, so you can see it closer. Give me a couple of hours. :)

Very nice. If you want to keep it automatic it'll need a newer RE4 from a supercharged Xterra or Frontier. They will handle the power and not grenade like the one that's in there now will.

You think that will work? Because that would be awesome! Do you know how much horsepower that RE4 can take?

No, the VQ engine R50s should already have that beefed up transmission. You think Nissan would put a standard RE4 with a VQ? I doubt it.