Moisture Problem

Guest PathyGuy89

Guest PathyGuy89

I have an 89 XE-V6 two door with the glass that pops out in the back window. For some reason after it is wet outside the insides of my windows will be wet and also a smell has started to appear. Has anyone had similar experiences or a way to get the smell and fix the problem?

Guest PathyGuy89

I have a feeling that it is leaking in the back area because after I pulled up the back mat everything was damp in there. I am going to try and run water over the back to see if I can find where the water is entering in.

As far as I know: Open the window. Pull the old seal off. Put the new seal on. Shut the window.

I'm heading out to the junkyard tomorrow, I'll rip one apart and see if I'm wrong and there's a trick to taking it out. I'll get back to you on that one, OK?

Is it condensation on all your windows? If so, you could be getting moisture from anywhere. If the back carpet is wet, check under the seats for rust holes. Another common place to check for body pan rust is under the gas pedal. There's an exhaust flange under there that tends to make it rot.