WD21 Rear Bushings

William

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of tackling the REAR bushings now that I've got the FRONT ones

taken care of.

I noticed that 4x4Parts advertise the following for our WD21

TrailingArmBushingsRear.jpg

and was wondering if the location of these bushings fit in the RED spots below (8 locations / 2 pieces in each).

Please confirm?

RearAxleRearSuspension_Page_17.jpg

Also do you happen to know the ENERGY SUSPENSION part number for these bushings?

What about the remaining REAR PAN HARD ROD bushings and the REAR SWAY BAR Bushings. Can they be sourced at ENERGY SUSPENSIONS?

William

Yes, that is where those bushings go. I'm fairly certain that you can get those bushings for the rear sway bar as well, unsure about the panhard bar.

Just an FYI, if you wheel your truck, these bushings will limit your flex because they do not compress as well.

Mine had 220K miles on it before I changed those bushings and the difference in handling is like night and day. It used to become really unsettled over rough washboard stuff like train tracks but now with the poly bushings installed the rear end stays in line like it should.

Be warned though, they weren't easy to install. I did it in my buddy's shop with a two-post lift, a 60,000 lb press, a come-along and torches and it still took a full day to do.

Mine had 220K miles on it before I changed those bushings and the difference in handling is like night and day. It used to become really unsettled over rough washboard stuff like train tracks but now with the poly bushings installed the rear end stays in line like it should.

Be warned though, they weren't easy to install. I did it in my buddy's shop with a two-post lift, a 60,000 lb press, a come-along and torches and it still took a full day to do.

Do you happen to know the ENERGY SUSPENSION part# for these?

TrailingArmBushingsRear.jpg

Sorry, but no. I couldn't find the part number either so I bit the bullet and picked up the 4x4parts.com kit. Seems a bit pricey but even if they only last as long as the stock rubber ones I replaced, it breaks down to about $0.48 per bushing a year. Not bad.

Sorry, but no. I couldn't find the part number either so I bit the bullet and picked up the 4x4parts.com kit. Seems a bit pricey but even if they only last as long as the stock rubber ones I replaced, it breaks down to about $0.48 per bushing a year. Not bad.

Did you just order the kit from 4x4Parts or received it already?

Did it come in RED color as advertised?

Is it made by ENERGY SUSPENSIONS? If Yes, the Part# should be on the outer cover.

Awaiting your response.

William

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, recieved and installed

Yes, they were red

IIRC they were not in Energy Suspension packaging, they came in a white box. I would liken the quality to an ES bushing though, and its a very complete kit w/ lube and sleeves.

I searched the web a bunch. These are going to be the only poly bushings you're going to find unless you can somehow find the ES part # (call them, maybe?) or get all the correct dimensions and order them from the ES "universal" section, sorry.