R50 Service Bulletins

RedRider3141

So I've been diagnosing a few issues on my '01 Pathy and have found evidence that the problems may be related to a Service Bulletin out there but I can't seem to find a complete list with fully readable service bulletins. Isn't this something that should be made public by Nissan? Is there a thread with a link to these or do I just have to go to a dealer and ask them?

The one issue that I'm mostly going after is a shift flare (1-2 and 2-3) on cold start. It's more annoying than anything but I wanted to make sure its not causing harm until I get it fixed.

Yeah, I've heard... Any reason to not bite the bullet and do it? It looks like I'm in the "Incident A" column and I need a new TCM and Solenoid Assembly Control. The problem always goes away after the car warms up, am I causing harm the rest of the tranny?

I don't have a definitive answer for you. I haven't experienced any shift flare yet. :shrug:

It looks like SnowKat will be selling a revised TCM (at least that's what I infer from his description) when he parts out some of his QX4, so try to snatch that up if you decide to bite the bullet. Check the price of the solenoid assembly control on Courtesy Parts - the TSB should have a part number.

EDIT: 31940-41X15, $296.10 - ouch :(

I'm probably not susceptible to shift flare because Incident B doesn't apply to my VIN (too new), and Incident A requires low temps, which there are none of in Florida. Incident A also mentions simply sitting overnight can result in the flare, but as far as I know I haven't experienced shift flare. I'll keep an eye out from now on when the trans is cold, though.

Edited by Towncivilian