Will This Work found on Ebay

Why was he selling it?  I would rather have one on mine.

He maybe selling it because he hauls large loads......I bought a tire carrier from the wreckers for 50 bucks CND, but never ended up installing it because I couldn't fit the bracket in there without cutting the sheet metal. The pins were rusted solid, so I drilled them out and put bolts on (the bottom one should have been put on upside down... DOH!! pssd) But the longer I've had the truck, the more I find I'm hauling long stuff that requires me to tie down the liftgate. If I had the carrier on there, I would never be able to haul it. ( I really don't want a spare tire carrier flopping around back there.) I don't have a roof rack, so strapping things to the top wasn't appealling to me, and it always happened to be weird odd shaped things. I will one day put a roof rack on there, but I may do it to put the tire up there instead. It seems like less work to me to install a roof rack then installling those upper brackets. And to my knowledge of this board, nobody has attempted the bottom brackets yet, if it's even possible, (forgive me if it has been done). I started surfing this board about year ago, and was very interested in what was happening with the spare tire carrier situation. There is a lot of options, like fabbing up a rear bumper with one attached, or not being afraid to cut into some sheet metal to installl the OEM one. But one thing is for sure, there doesn't seem to be an easy solution. Good Luck!

P.S. I've got one sitting in my garage if any one's interested, but I've only got the top brackets, and one is jammed up above my tail light at the moment, (a story I don't want to get into right now) :aok:

• 3 weeks later...

IT will not fit unless your right side has the 2 holes on the top and 2bottom.. Its an inside deal within... I looked at a few and its way too much work to add it onto one that wasn't meant to have it. The big tire package pathfinders had them/ you paid more for that option in the old days...

You would have to do major surgery to make it work and then even then it would be a pain for it to work proper.

Just get one fabbed up from someone local the cost would be the same i bet in the end.....

• 9 months later...

I don't know if this is the posting you're referring to, but I'll go ahead & provide a link to the guys fabbing these... Natch they show it on a two door... B):hide:

Kennesaw Moutain Accessories

Ahhhh, just saw your post re: AC mount kit. Although from everything I've read here & elsewhere (except their own board, that is) I'd stay away (and have) from these guys unless absolutely neccessary... :X

post-5-1132510986.jpg

Edited by hardwaretoad

Guest Finder87

AC is ok..............got my SAW T-bars from them.........the bracket kit for the swing out carrier........few other things......no problem.