coil spring isolators

shasdakota

hey guys,

i'm in need of some new coil spring isolators. i was hoping to get these kind from energy suspensions:

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/Energy-Suspension-Coil-Spring-Isolators.asp

i've heard of people using these on their WD21 before.

my problem is i took measurements of my coil springs awhile back, and i came up with a ID of 4.25". which is larger than anything energy suspensions has. i know i measured more than once. it doesnt seem like they have anything that will fit for me.

what up with this?

does anyone know which coil spring isolators i need for the WD21? i need bottom isolators for sure, maybe top isolators also.

if energy doesnt have anything for me, does anyone know of any other poly coil spring isolators i can use?

the factory Nissan isolators are very expensive, i'd rather get something else...

The bottom of the spring perch does not come with spring isolator from factory. There is a notch in lower spring perch for spring to set into. Old ford bronco front springs are about same diameter so is a late model jk jeep bottom.I have a set of springs and perches laying in my garage i will take some measurements and let you know what they are.

Ok I was incorrect I believe if you have a 91 or older it will have lower isolators.Newer models only have uppers.My bad.I looked on energy suspension and did not see anything that would work.I am not saying people have not made something work on the parts list.Here is measurements.This is using energy susp. universal pic.

A.3"

B.4"

C.5 3/4"

D.3/8"

Hope this helps you might try nissan dismantler.Dealer is probably pricey.Good luck.

hey heloflyboy,

yeah, i'm positive i have lower and upper isolators. my lowers are trashed.

thanks for the measurements, i dont know how i got 4.25" ID and you got 3" ID. i could be remembering wrong, but either way i'm off. i think i need some calipers. its hard using a tape measure in hard to reach places...

but your right, it still doesnt look like they have anything for me. and i'm positive i've heard of people using these...

yes, the dealer is pricey, it will cost $120+sh for all 4 isolators from them.

EDIT-

ok, so long as your measurments are correct, it looks like Style "D" (#156103) will work.

its specs are:

A- 3"

B- 3 7/16"

C- 4 15/16"

D- 3/16"

For some reason i was told i wanted Style "A" for the uppers though? not sure why. but it doesnt look like any Style "A" will fit...

maybe i could use Style "A" (#96104).

its specs are:

A- 2 3/4"

B- 3 1/16"

C- 4 9/16"

D- 7/16"

a so its a little smaller than the coil measurements, but i think it might still fit.

i may have to order both and keep whichever fits best...

I wonder if JGC coil isolators would be compatable? i know we can use their coils. it might be easier to find something for them...

i found some energy suspensions coil spring isloators for the '93 JGC, i wonder if those will work? 4 for $32.50...

Edited by shasdakota

• 1 year later...