HTR/AC Lights and radio display power

ID95PATH

Well Blue Belle is now my daily driver, so it's time to fix some minor issues that have been annoying me from day one.

The lights in the heater/ac control don't work and neither does the radio display. The heater blows hot, the ac blows cold, and the radio works just fine...except the display. Tomorrow I plan on digging into the dash and hope to find a loose or broken wire, but if anyone can give a hint it would be much appreciated.

I suppose it could be two separate issues, but their proximity makes me think it's a single problem. The FSM electrical diagrams don't show any shared fuse or harness that I can see, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

have you taken the face off of the heater/ac controls?? there is a tiny light bulb in there (forgot the part number already, just did mine tonight) that might be loose, or blown, or might have a loose wire. :) and is the radio the factory? i just swapped mine out for an aftermarket one today as well. and the radio screen part of mine was out as well. :) but, the tiny light bulbs for the heater/ac controls are $4.99 at my local oreilly auto parts. unless you have the auto climate, then i have no idea. :tongue:

Thanks Kyle! I'll be tearing into it today.

The only thing auto on my pf is the hubs...for now. I figured it would be easy enough to fix, but last night while making another post I thought the question might be worth asking...on the off chance that somebody would come back with "oh yes, there is an undocumented fusible link that feeds only the heater illumination and radio display. It's located under the passenger side turn-signal bulb."

I'm assuming my radio is the original based purely on the common complain of missing and tiny knobs. I guess I could upgrade my stereo while at it.

Thanks!