ball joint help

edicer2

Hey all, I am writing this from my phone right now....I need the order to installing the ball joints....I have the top one pressed into the hub and the bottom is not attached. I currently have the bottom one held in with 1 bolt and the hub slide up under it but even with the lower ball joint almost completly loose I can't get it anywhere near the uca to bolt in the top 4 bolts.

I do have a 3" lift and I have the otherside together but I can't remember how I did it I took it apart so many times like 3 weeks ago.

Hey all, I am writing this from my phone right now....I need the order to installing the ball joints....I have the top one pressed into the hub and the bottom is not attached. I currently have the bottom one held in with 1 bolt and the hub slide up under it but even with the lower ball joint almost completly loose I can't get it anywhere near the uca to bolt in the top 4 bolts.

I do have a 3" lift and I have the otherside together but I can't remember how I did it I took it apart so many times like 3 weeks ago.

Just thought mate, can you rotate the plate to align the bolt holes. I had some trouble and resolved by releasing upper control arms allowing for more access.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Deseryrat55

I tried moving it all over the place i guess ill take pictures tomorrow and some of you have that done it before and might know what end is suppose to go on first let me know

I tried moving it all over the place i guess ill take pictures tomorrow and some of you have that done it before and might know what end is suppose to go on first let me know

Is the vehicle on stands or trolley jack? Have you tried having a friend rotate the steering while you try to align the bolt holes? Put a bolt in and turn the steering, the bolt should locate, repeat for the other bolts ???

its on jack stands on the front...the problem is my upper ball joint which is attached to the hub isnt anywhere near close enough to each the uca

Can you remove the ball joint from the hub? Fitting it to the uca will free up the hub enough to allow alignment!

Jack up the lower control arm? I have never taken off the lower ball joint, but after removing the upper to replace a CV, I think I just jacked up the bottom and put it back together. It was a bit of a struggle, but mostly because I was alone trying to work the fasteners and pry-bar at the same time. Unfortunately you can only jack so much before you start to lift the whole truck. Don't drop it on yourself. I think perhaps I am saying to put the lower on first.

Sorry if I'm confused or misunderstanding the situation.