HELP! Please Read NOW!

GApathfinder

I have a really big problem right now with my Pathfinder. I waent through I farely large puddle with a LOT of mud under it. My friend in his 2WD Tundra made it through, so I thought I could do it aswell. I went through, then the car shut off at the very end. I got it to start again, then drove out (barely). It wouldn't rev of 3k RPMs and wouldn't engage to 2nd. Drove it around in a parking lot, finally started to rev higher and engage 2nd and 3rd.

I assume, that it's flooded. If not, then I think I have a HUGE problem.

Will someone PLLLEEEAASSSEEE give me some ways to un-flood it?

I have been letting it idle, and revving it a lot, and it progressivly revs higher, so I think it's getting better.

But, PLEASE, help me. It's really urgent!!!

1 - stop playing in water with your truck :-)

2 - clean up your air filter

3 - let your mass air flow (maf) dry up.. have a look at it and be careful not to damage it

4 - if you think it swallowed some water, do an oil change.

5 - repeat step 1

Depends how deep you went, but blow out the spark plug wells with compressed air (with the plugs still installed), remove the dizzy cap and give it and the rotor a shot of WD40, and same for every electrical connector that might have gotten wet.

This is in addition to the previous post, and check your OBD2 also, it may give you a component to check out...

B

I'm with Precise. Check the distributor cap for moisture. I recently pressure washed my wifes engine in her Prelude and, even though I took caution, I got a little water in the distributor cap (or Dizzy if you will?). It's easy to remove and to dry out as well!

Yup start with the air filter and work out. You have to remember these things are not water proofed, any water in the engine compartment is bad.

If you are crossing water, low range, 4WD, med rpms and slow speed. Keep the splashing to a minimum. Anything above the hub level is asking for trouble, if you have not taken care of the air filter and various electrical bits that are lower down.

1 - stop playing in water with your truck :-)

2 - clean up your air filter

3 - let your mass air flow (maf) dry up.. have a look at it and be careful not to damage it

4 - if you think it swallowed some water, do an oil change.

5 - repeat step 1

Lol, it was just a huge mud puddle, I believe a few friends got videos. hopefully they kept them, but it wasn't really deep, just about up to the running boards. I have a cool air intake so, I'll need to take the little cover off and clean the filter. I'll probably do an oil change as well.