Check Engine Light

BrianD

The CEL came on the other day - I had it checked by my mechanic with his code reader - He said it's a evap code (I think 440)- it cud B a bunch of things causing it - I haven't had the Gas filler tube recall dun yet - it runs just fine and I don't smell anything weird - it first came on when I hit the loud pedal hard to get into on coming hiway traffic. He erased the code and it hasn't come back on so far. so really ..uh I'd just like to hear what any members think I shud do about it.

Thanks - Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Read here

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11442&st=0&p=521246&hl=evap%20canister&fromsearch=1entry521246

I am running on my junkyard canister almost year later with no issues.

Thanks guys so much - Sorry for the late reply - I was out of province on tour.

My mechanic removed the code with his computer - there are no issues sice then and it hasn't come back onin the last 12 days.

It seems to be running great - I think I'll leave it alone.

That link is great thanx.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys so much - Sorry for the late reply - I was out of province on tour.

My mechanic removed the code with his computer - there are no issues sice then and it hasn't come back onin the last 12 days.

It seems to be running great - I think I'll leave it alone.

That link is great thanx.

Uh ..so the CEL light came back on a week later - I got the gas filler tube recall done yesterday for free(THANX) before looking anywhwere else for problems - the mech hands me a slip - Self Diagnostic Results - it shows - 1.Evap Small Leak P0440 & 2. Vent COntrol Valve P1448 - but there's no CEL light on anymore so uh ..what now again? It's running great! OCT 20/11

Thanx for all the info - I got the gas filler tube replaced thru the Nissan recall - when the mech removed the plastic cover that was over it (inside the wheel well) it was fully packed with ..fine gravel pcs and pretty rusty. I don't think U cudda got another pc of sand in there. Anyway - it's fixed and no more evap code issue...so far.

On another note - they did the other recall yetsrday too - front strut repair(level 2)even tho I think it was a level 1 - they added the support bracket and actually did repairs and rust proofing on the other tower too.

Dave at All Tec in Kitchener does Great werk! He's almost beside Kitchener Nissan - same building as Houghten Rust control - it was inside for over 24 hours so I had him take next door and spray it with oil - Good Deal! Now to get all the oil over spray off...when it gets above freezing outside.