Seat Heat Not Working?

ScottZ

So, the seat heat does not work on my 97 R50. The lights come on but no heat.

Is this a common problem? I checked all the connections and they are good. I imagine the heating elements are worn out..

Any ideas?

The seat heaters only warm your bum. It could be that you are only pushing the heat switchs down (low heat position). Have you tried rocking the switches up (high heat position)? It takes a while for the seats to warm up in either position. I usually make the mistake of leaving them on "high" for too long and end up with monkey ass in the dead of winter.

Make sure they are actually connected too. There should be some wires coming out of the seat bottom. Sometimes they can get pulled apart or not plugged back in after removing the seats for cleaning.

The seat heaters only warm your bum. It could be that you are only pushing the heat switchs down (low heat position). Have you tried rocking the switches up (high heat position)? It takes a while for the seats to warm up in either position. I usually make the mistake of leaving them on "high" for too long and end up with monkey ass in the dead of winter.

Let me add that you are susposed to be sitting on the seat with the heater on. The heat takes a long time to transfer through the leather seat/cushion with out the pressure of your rear on it!