Lifting Question

Quinantine

New to the forum and have a question about lifting. I am looking at getting the EMU springs for my 2002 pathfinder. My question is, can I run this lift with my stock rims or do I need to get a new set with differant spaceing at the same time?

You can run this with your stock rims, no problem. The main reason why people get different rims when lifting their Pathfinders is that many folks want bigger tires when they lift. Bigger tires do not always fit on stock rims, due to clearance issues between the tire shoulder and the lower spring mount on the front strut.

And its when I want the bigger tires I need a rim with a negitive backspace so it can clear, right?

that is correct...negative backspacing pushed the wheel out future from the strut

there are countless lift questions all over this forum, so you shouldnt have a problem getting an answer!

and :welcome: to the family

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

Town of Clemmons.

Another question is I have read that after putting a lift on there, it is a good ideal to install the warn hubs to reduce the wear on the CV joints. The question I have is the hubs on the warn website only listhough thehe 2001 model they can go on. Can someone confirm the model 29091 does indeed fit on the 2002 model pathfinder?

REALLY NOW!!! thats great....we should get together sometime. I will be installing the Old Man Emu HD front and MD rear springs and control arms in the rear....and possiblly the ball joints and front sway links too... If you would like to come help/watch/learn.... and I will do the same for you when you decide to do your lift...