Fender / Bumper install

BrianD

I busted my Nutz and bolts removing the fender and bumper - had to drill and retap the holes in many places even after adding Penetrating fluid and oil. I decided I'll patch the passenger fender cause it's not too bad and sell or return it and use the money for a lower rad support. Anybody ever replace one o deez?

I thot I'd add sum tips on the removal - if U remove the signals lights - U can get in thru those holes to get at the bolts and nuts that U loosen to remove the whole bumper & fairing assembly with licence plate and fogs lights all in one big pc. As long as U have disconnected yer lights and fasteners from the bumper corners - put it all back together as 1 pc and slide it on - install 2 bolts and tighten everything up.

Waiting on a new lower rad support.

I had to do it this way cause my body guy will need to take it apart for paint and body work in various places and he wud go thru hell to take it apart and worse - and get new fasteners to put it back together again - I'm just saving him time which is saving money for me.

I think it rusted so badly because of the slant forwards that it was on while parked for 2 years.

What say U?

Rustedradsupport.jpg

Oldbumper.jpg

Oldbumperparts.jpg

Newfender.jpg

Bumperinstalled.jpg

Brokenbolts.jpg

Backtogether.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta love those quality OEM fasteners. The bumper bolts on my 95 are the same way, bust 'em off and put new stuff in.

But yeah, your rad support... has seen better days.

See my new rad support install pix!