R50 Life Span?

Not trying to be a dick here

Me neither, so my previous post was very mild.

What he really should do is sell the gas-hog truck, spend $1500 to buy an early 90's beater Saturn (35mpg, OBD1 = not much electronic crap to fail, easy and cheap to repair, and will run forever). Use the cash from that plus the mod money to double up on classes for two or three semesters, and get done with college in 2.5 - 3 years (or graduate with a Masters in 4).

Not trying to be a dick here but I hope you are just kidding with your silly smilie.

Finish school, nail down something that will be of value 10 years from now (or more if you can).

This is not the economy to fart around with and think your dreams will come true, they won't.

I've been there and built many rigs, there will always be another rig.

Important stuff come first.

Of course I was kidding! Get an education. Work hard. Play hard.

• 4 weeks later...

Right now i am sort of in a dilemma, i am about to start my first semester of college and i have just inherited a 2003 Pathy se with 166k miles on the original tranny and motor (it has been babied). I would love to lift it and do some other minor mods to make a kick ass offroad/ expedition vehicle. So to make a long story short i am going to be on a tight budget and i was wondering if it was wort it to dump around 2k in parts on a pathy that may be nearing the end of its life, so how many miles you got on your pathy? you think mine will hold out for another 50k or 70k before i have to replace the motor and tranny? Feel free to elaborate on any major mechanical repairs you guys had to make at certain mileages. I know it varies greatly on how the pathfinder has been driven all of its life but i would just like to get an idea of when major drive train parts go out on the R50's?

Thanks Guys

I got a 1998 pathy 2 months ago that sat for 2 years - 235 km - it has TOns of power - tranny worx great too - when U add the juice to it and it still rox - otherwise I wudn't have dun all the repairs to it. It is a solid vehicle and worth the $1500 I put into it - (I got it for $500) see my lower rad support install pix - I also added a new fender & new front bumpers - a ball joint - rear shox - rebuilt rear wiper motor - blower motor resistor - new rims - a brake line - alternator and battery - I will have to cut out the rusted rocker panels and weld new ones in and fix the A/C as well - but I think this vehicle is worth it. Oh got the new steel tranny cooler line to go in yet too.