TRE issues

Wheel hop often has some play with bending tre's. You could try taking off the ends and sleeving them with some tubing. That may help some but im not sure its a guarentee

That seems like a good idea. The trick would be slipping the sleeves over the bushings though.

if and when mine will bend, I,m going this road : DSC09833.JPG

more work, but most probably a one time and done kinda thing...

Also a front locker does help a bit by preventing sudden change of wheel spin when the tire grabs some traction..

Edited by fleurys

if and when mine will bend, I,m going this road : DSC09833.JPG

more work, but most probably a one time and done kinda thing...

Also a front locker does help a bit by preventing sudden change of wheel spin when the tire grabs some traction..

The top is the stock? I didn't realize R50 tie rods are that much smaller than wd21? But are you guys talking about bending the rod, or the ends. Or maybe I don't even understand which part is which on the R50.

You should really quit doing that!

From the video it looks like you wheel hopped pretty bad, then slid sideways on the landing, hit the sidewall of the tire, and kept spinning. That'll usually break things.

Fluery's Where do you get this setup ???

I don;t have this setup...but this is what I will do when mine goes like yours... I just posted these to let you know that it is possible to make it better than the OEM ones....

Fleury's I cannot find anything like that. I might not be looking in the right places . Any info on where you got that pic or where they are from would be appreciated

Edited by PaMountianbiker

A cheap and easy solution would be to sleeve the rods. I would slip a 4-5" section of 0.120-0.188 wall tube right in the middle and weld the ends. If you can't find something that is a friction fit, I'd plug weld it every 0.75"-1" along the length.

I'll see what sort of price I can get on MOOG inner's and the cost to sleeve.

Fleury's I cannot find anything like that. I might not be looking in the right places . Any info on where you got that pic or where they are from would be appreciated

You probably want to source the rod ends and then get someone to machine the rod for you... I would guess this is the ideal sort of product for an operation like Fleurys to sell :)