SFD + OME coils

Hey Fellas I am quite new to the forums as this being my first post. I figure this question may have been asked before but I cant seem to find it. I have read all over the SFD Pinned and maybe I missed it. Anyway I have a 98 SE and ordered the KF SFD last wednesday. Lookin to get as much height as I can possibly stretch I wanted to add a set of +2 coils along with it. The front wont be too much of a problem but its getting the rear picked up that has me at a loss. From what I've read is that with just the +4 SFD and WJ +3 coils would work nicely. Aside from having custom coils made how to I get those extra 2 for the rear? Any other snags that you may foresee me to run into with the extra 2in would be greatly appreciated. This is my daily driver and will be using it come hunting season deer/duck and pullin a 17ft war eagle with the occasional weekend romp on the deer lease to see if the jeep boys are as tough as they think :wackinit: . Any help is much appreciated! Ill update with before and after pics as well and hopefully get to be added to the SFD list!

Oh and you guys are a lot of help to the ones like me that sit in the background just read and apply your knowledge to our rides. So keep it up!

First off welcome, and don't be shy to make a new member thread... even though you been lurking a wHile. Second, I'm not sure but I think there are spacers you can get for the extra 2" if you don't want to go custom coils (not a r50 person, don't quote me on that. But I swear I remember hearing r50 people talking about spacers). And lastly, don't underestimate a less built Pathfinder on any chassis base... many a vertically challenged r50 round here pulls its own rather well with some armor, a nice tire soem well thought out mods, and driver skill (seat time means everything no matter what motorsport your into and how 'well' that vechile is built)

oh, and your username remaindes me of the Waterboy movie... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG2Q_cnnnus

:rofl:

I put WJ 5.5 lift coils on mine and they work great with the 6" lift in the front. U just have to get shocks that fit . My shocks are ford F250 2" Lift rear shocks and they work fine but I will replace them with a little longer one to get more droop when flexing. I just haven't got that far yet. Oh yea welcome!!!!!!!

Much appreciated fellas. I couldnt seem to find any of the 5.5 WJ coils I'll look harder! And yea as far as the name goes its my xbox live gamertag...didnt want to make a username with pathfinder mixed into it somehow..i doubt you see another Wo0denSp0on! ha!

Much appreciated fellas. I couldnt seem to find any of the 5.5 WJ coils I'll look harder! And yea as far as the name goes its my xbox live gamertag...didnt want to make a username with pathfinder mixed into it somehow..i doubt you see another Wo0denSp0on! ha!

If I remember correctly, PaMtnbiker may have gotten the last of the 5.5" WJ coils. I never saw them available, but I'm thinking he is using the perfect rear spring.

Other than that, I think Iron Rocks gives the best selection of rear coils (paired with the Krypton Fabs rear coil perch adapter).

I'm running the Krypton adapters and some TeraFlex 4" Coils(which are still on clearance). The do NOT give the ride height I wanted in the back, so after selling my rear springs/coils from my AC 2" lift, I'll probably be purchasing the 6.5" lift coils from Iron Rocks. I like the selection of Iron Rocks (3, 4, and 6.5 inch lift springs) but I would check on their free length/spring rate/# of wraps to help you decide.

My point - TeraFlex specs on my rear springs:

Advert. Lift - 4"

Free Length - 16.25"

Spring Rate - 190 lb/in

This netted me around 4.25 inches of lift (and I wanted closer to 6"). I wish I would have gone with a higher spring rate and/or longer coil, but it was a little experiment on my part.

I'm probably going with their 6.5" lift that has 18.25" FL and 200 lb/in SR. Should be really close (if not too big) for the rear. May have to cut it down for some fine tuning on my rear ride height.

Any way, good luck.

Edited by Rick13

Thanks Rick. I went ahead and ordered the 6.5 hopefully it works out right. Like you said if its too much i can cut em down. I did order the KF spring mounts along with the rest. Tryin to make it a little easier on myself. Ready to get to work on it!