Aftermarket Parts

Guest jimjbart

Guest jimjbart

Hey, looking for info on parts suppliers for our trucks. Of course I'm familiar with e-bay, and some major suppliers, but who do you guys rely on for performance upgrades? Looking to do a cold air intake, exhaust and headers, for starters. Also, are there any 'must have' parts I should know about?

I'm new here, for those of you who didn't see my previous post, here's a picture. As you can see, I went a different way with my Pathfinder.

Pathfinderfrontsideview.jpg

Thorley headers are what you need. Pacesetter makes them too, but you get what you pay for if you know what I mean...

There's really no place to run a CAI on a Pathy, unless you stuff a tube through the front fender hole that the stock airbox pulls air from. A cone filter with a MAF plate adapter works fine for intake. Advancing your timing 2-4 degrees wouldn't hurt, but if you hear pinging run a higher octane gas. You can get new camshafts, port and polish the heads and intake, etc...it's like they say: "Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?"

;)

Guest jimjbart

Yeah, I pretty much have a path mapped out of what I want. . . but where do you recommend I order from? Is there an active web-ring of companies who specialize in Pathfinder parts? Who's reliable with parts in stock, and stands behind what they sell? Are there any shady companies I need to stay away from? (I've been taken by online and e-bay sellers, so I'm suspicious of buing anything sight unseen.) Thanks again.

Summit and Jeg's are both good. So is 4WheelParts.com. JWT is dependable, and Stillen, as far as I know. 4x4parts.com is another source, but I don't recommend them. Bad customer service and shoddy in-house parts. There's no particular one-and-only provider of Pathy parts, you have to peck and hunt to find anything usually.