My Car Wont Follow Simple Diagnostics.

WOT

Im freaking stumped with this car!! I am having trouble following the seemingly simplest diagnostics and procedures from the FSM for this thing.

First heres the problem. If I were to start it, sometimes it will crank for an extra second or two and then kick over, sometimes it goes right away but not usually. BUT it will ALWAYS/EVERYTIME stall out instantly if you dont give it a little gas for 2-3 seconds to keep the rpms up. Then I can let off the gas and it will idle on its own, but LOW. 500-600rpm at best.

Runs perfect on the open road, only problem is startup.

I figure it all started once I messed around with cleaning the MAF, adding a cold air intake, changing spark plugs and trying some "diagnostics"

Right now Im starting on the simple procedures. I was trying to do all 3 of the procedures in this helpful thread.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-ecu-relearning-procedures-t445702.html

ACCELERATOR PEDAL RELEASED POSITION LEARNING

THROTTLE VALVE CLOSED POSITION LEARNING

IDLE AIR VOLUME LEARNING

I dont think any of the three are taking. Theres no indicator for the released pedal position test, on the throttle valve position test I dont hear ANYTHING in my engine when the car turns off, what are you supposed to be listening to?? Is the throttle valve another name for throttle body?? And the Idle Air Volume test definitely isnt working, I dont even know if Im doing the correct test for my year ( 2001.5 ) but I have been trying to do the one in the link, and my CEL never starts blinking, and my idle doesnt change. So it isnt working

So what do you guys think I should try??

Ive seen another version of the idle air volume test, which just involves key on and off a few times and disconnecting the brown plug on the throttle body, but that one didnt work either, my car stalled out when I reconnected the plug. Ive got 3 manuals and dont even know if Im using the right one.

I wouldnt mind some clarification on this either, when it says key "OFF" do they mean just clicked all the way back counterclockwise? Completely out of ignition? One click back from "ON" position? Was a little unclear on that.

I'll leave it at that for now, this is getting long!! Hope I can get some much needed help getting this biatch to start like it should!!

Thanks guys!!