Worn hose?

spazman

I've been smelling something weird for about a month and looked everywhere and couldn't see anything leaking, no fluid levels were low. Until today, I found that there is a hose that goes into the top of the transmission, any idea what that hose is, since it's tight as hell up there and I don't have a the time to just drop teh transmission all the way down. there are two hoses up there and the closest one looks like it has rubbed against the transfer case and worn through. I have a 5 spd by the way too, clutch has been slipping ocassionally so I'm assuming these are related. Thanks for any help!

Here's a couple of pics, it is above the transmission case almost directly above where the clutch release cylinder is. The clutch release is on the bottom right of the first picture to give reference and the light on the upper right is the engine bay.

2011-06-14_19-16-34_22.jpg

2011-06-14_19-15-31_292.jpg

Edited by spazman

Looks like some kind of return line, just pulled on it a little and it came off on the top(engine side) of the transmission and right where it connects to the transfer case. Not sure why it'd be leaking like it was... the investigating continues...

My alternator made a burning smell a few months before it died, I could not find where the smell was coming from until I replaced the alternator and the smell went away.

Yeah it doesn't smell like it's burning but defiantely smells like something is really hot, like when oil starts to smoke a little but definately doesn't smell like engine oil. And I only smell it when I roll down the window or have the fan blowing full blast but can't trace it by sniffing around when I stop. I'm thinking maybe my last encounter at work going through mud and huge puddles might have somehow leaked a little in there because that breather tube had what looked like thick muddy oil in it. I guess it's time to change the fluids and see if that helps. At first I thought it might have been the oil getting on my rotor but then realized that I just blew that out and it's not it but needs to be replaced too. Ahh the never ending list of things to do.