Hello, new to here

Mininismo8

Came on here mostly to get help with my truck. I have a 87 Pathfinder, With the P.O.S Z24 engine. After driving my 92 Hardbody all the time. I realized how gutless this thing really was. :deadhorse: I haven't done much to it. Just basic stuff. I like driving it and all. It was bought brand new in 87 by my parents, mother drove it until 95' dad drove it delivering newspapers to the stores, Engine and tranny was replaced in 04 driven until 05 then was given to me in 06. I had to put a new fuel pump in it. Its been a reliable truck. But now all the little stuff is starting to go and is becoming a money pit. Within the last 2 yrs I have replaced the master cylinder 3 times all my mistakes. Didn't adjust the brake pedal correctly and master cylinders weren't relieving properly, power booster, front calipers, and brakes. The fan clutch seized and I pulled it and put in an electric one on a toggle switch. Replaced the Throttle Position Sensor. Had to re-wire the temp gauge sensor, and replace the sensor. Just finished up putting in a new clutch. I don't think I needed to do that. Wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Had plans to put a 2 or 3 inch lift, new exhaust, tires. But that has changed. My wife has trouble reaching the pedals because she's so short. So the lift is out, we need a 4 door. So I will be looking at possibly buying an automatic 4 door Pathfinder, 94-98 or even a Q45. I grew up in a Datsun family in Southwest Washington, and now live in the north sound. Everybody in my family has owned a Datsun or Nissan at one time. We've totalled 6 of them, had 2 stolen but recovered, and I have my 2 now.

build the 2 door and buy a 4 door wd21 or a chick car r50 for the Mrs!

josh, one of these days carri and i are going to show up on your front door step (me in my 4 door, carri in her R-50) and we're going to beat you up :tongue:

hello, and welcome to the family! sounds like the money pit part is due to a few owner mistakes, not 22 year old vehicle melt downs. why not do a VG30 (or even VG33) engine swap? a nice, fresh upgrade never hurt any pathy lol.

enjoy the forums, ignore josh, and all will be wonderful in the world lols! :wiggle:

Howdy and welcome to NPORA!

The Z24 motor is quite good actually, just not a power house. How many miles on the truck, it is worth a motor swap as was mentioned? Upgrading to the superior 4 door is always a good idea though. :aok:

B

josh, one of these days carri and i are going to show up on your front door step (me in my 4 door, carri in her R-50) and we're going to beat you up :tongue:

:shrug: what I say? And bring on that fight... Just remember to tape it for the enjoyment of here!

:shrug: what I say? And bring on that fight... Just remember to tape it for the enjoyment of here!

yer talkin smack about 4 doors again :tongue: and of COURSE the smackdown will be live streamed on youtube! DUH! lol