Weekend at the camp

JamesRich

Went to the camp this weekend just to relax.

We went down to the river to do a little fishing.

IMG_1922.jpg

I watched as the boys fished.

IMG_1926.jpg

Next we went to a remote beach a few miles into the woods where no one else goes.

This is probably the best trail we have on our whole lease, smooth and wide.

IMG_1950.jpg

When we got the remote spot I found out that M/T tires aren't worth a crap in sand! Strange though I could go twords the water without spinning, but when I tried to go back to the trail it would sink.

This is after I got it turned around and almost back on the trail going out. The rear chunk was dragging in the sand. It never stopped though.

IMG_1934.jpg

It was a narrow little trail!

IMG_1935.jpg

So I got lots more pin strips.

IMG_1940.jpg

While we were out there we played with some of my new toys!

IMG_1939.jpg

I've been having the guns I just bought the drum mags for them.

20 rounds of 12 gauge in the Saiga and my son could hardly hold it up.

IMG_1928.jpg

I know he's dressed like an orphan but I let him dress himself. Everythings good when your in the woods. My godchild recorded a video me bump firing the RPK but he hasn't sent it to me yet.

We enjoyed our weekend, burned some gas, 200 rounds of 12 gauge and around 150 rounds of 7.62 in the RPK then drank a little beer when we got back to the camp. This is my favorite way to relax.

James

• Like 1

Sounds like a very relaxing weekend, trails, fishin, shootin guns, family, and beer.. Great combo

How much did you buy your Saiga and RPK for if you dont mind me asking?

looks like you hada good trip., but i have some mts on my yota and do they kinda suck aired up, my street tires did pretty good in the sand. was a service trail looked like the same kinda terrain you were on.

Sounds like a very relaxing weekend, trails, fishin, shootin guns, family, and beer.. Great combo

How much did you buy your Saiga and RPK for if you dont mind me asking?

The saiga I bought back in 05 for $265. If I'd know they would have gone up in price so much I would have bought several back then. The RPK I bought two years ago for $500. This makes the second time I've shot it, It was one of those I need one like that for my collection buys.

looks like you hada good trip., but i have some mts on my yota and do they kinda suck aired up, my street tires did pretty good in the sand. was a service trail looked like the same kinda terrain you were on.

You mention "aired up" Will they pull better in the sand if I air them down?

James

Yes tires do about 300 percent better on sand if aired down.

Awesome! Another excuse to go to the camp for another weekend. What should I air them down to?

James