recalled FRONTIER not pathfinder?

haha i ran into a similar situation, but it was the opposite. The dealer told me i was not affected, and Nissan North America told me i was affected. And to take it to the nearest dealer for service. So i guess i need to take it to the dealer that told me i was not affected to get it looked at... :laugh::rofl:

it is for pathfinders...find out who you talked to at NONA and talk to someone else

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

haha i ran into a similar situation, but it was the opposite. The dealer told me i was not affected, and Nissan North America told me i was affected. And to take it to the nearest dealer for service. So i guess i need to take it to the dealer that told me i was not affected to get it looked at... :laugh::rofl:

it is for pathfinders...find out who you talked to at NONA and talk to someone else

yeah, i don't really pay attention to who i talk to on the phone. It was a girl, so yeah...

since my first language is Spanish i talked to someone in Spanish.

now im currently on hold. I'm trying in English this time.

i just finished talking to a representative at Nissan North America.

He told me he couldn't find my "particular vehicle" or my dads name(its under his name).

So therefore he said there was nothing he could do because the VIN that i gave him was not coming up.

he only told me maybe if i take it to a dealerships they could come up with something.

it has some rust spots on passenger fender, and 2 days ago the steering got really stiff

i could not turn. the good thing is that was only parking.

what else can i do?

P.S. two people told me different things about my truck at Nissan North America.

one, it could not be found. the other, it was not pathfinder it was frontier. wth?

so now i called my nearest Nissan dealer and they told me about the struts and something about the gas cap or filler pipe.

but nothing on steering column.

i got my appointment friday at 10am. i hope i dont get charged with anything because im broke :)

search here on the forum for the topic regarding this issue...Pezzy started it and others have talked about their experiences with the recall.

check it out before u take it in if thats the route u decide...because if the dealer thanks its unsafe to drive they will hold ur pathy until it gets fixed...if its even repairable

now that you got me all scared, im not sure i will take it in.

its our family vehicle and we only have a 92 corolla used for work only.

i may have to have a long family talk about this.

thats why i havent taken mine in yet...read up and everything that is posted on the recall then make your best judgement call...thats what i am going to do...

definately get the fuel filler tube fixed tho...got mine done a few years ago...thats a quick fix

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

I have been checking with my local dealer and they say there is no such recall in Canada, yet with my Vin#. So i called Nissan Canada, and they said there definetely was a recall on the strut mount rusting and possibly the strut moving compromising the steering ( my steering has gotten VERY stiff lately). The said the reason that the dealer could not see it in their system is because it was only showing on updated accounts. I bought my 1998 pathy used and Nissan Canada had no account on ME.. so they set one up right there and notified the local dealer and set up an appointment for me to get this checked.