rear sway bar question?

Rizsie

Hi all

I have a 1999.5 pathy with a 2in lift. I'm thinking of removing my rear sway bar for more wheel travel, I was also looking at rear shocks with longer travel . The shocks that I'm looking at are Pro comp ES9000. The shocks specs are; Extended Length 687mm (27.07in) Collapsed Length 405mm (15.94in), I looked at the Ultima rear shocks there specs; Extended Length 625mm (24.60in) Collapsed Length 382mm (15.03in) that's 62mm more Extended Length and 23mm Collapsed Length difference to the Pro comp. The rear shocks that I'm running now are KYB GR-2. I took one out to measure, there was only 4mm difference to the Ultima shocks when extended (Ulitma shocks are longer) and 8mm collapsed (KYB shorter).

So my question are the pro comp shocks going to extended to much and collapse not enough?

If i go ahead and get the shocks, then remove my rear sway bay will there be to much travel that my spring will fall out?

Whats the PROs and CONS of removing the rear sway bar?

I have posted this on the Australian forum as will.

I have looked into it a little bit, I just want to get other peoples thought on this theory.

Thanks

Try removing the sway bar first. Then flex the suspension. See how the coil looks, and whether or not you need to extend brake lines or anything like that. It'll cost you nothing,may satiate your desire for more flex, and/or will allow you to answer your own questions on what shocks to run.

There are a few people running no sway bar here. And also some running those shocks with 2" lift. According to them, you should be alright.

Jose

Yup, removed my sway bar and I have yet to have any issues both on road and off. The brake lines should be fine as I too am running the 2" lift and my lines are not over stretched.