MODIFICATION

Hallo fellas.I bought myself a 2000 pathy not long ago.My dream is to get out in to the wild and the possibllitties of my truck.I am about to purchase some hardware :KYB struts,strut mounts,Bilstein 5100 shocks,cumber bolts.Do l need upgade springs?

After market springs will give you some extra height if that is what you are looking for.

Check 4x4parts.com for 2-3" lift, or search for OME (Old Man Emu) for 1-2" lift (with spacers). There are a couple stickied threads in the R50 section if you want to know more about lifting your truck.

After market springs will give you some extra height if that is what you are looking for.

Check 4x4parts.com for 2-3" lift, or search for OME (Old Man Emu) for 1-2" lift (with spacers). There are a couple stickied threads in the R50 section if you want to know more about lifting your truck.

So ether I buy springs that go with 2" lift or, I add 2" spacers under current springs?

So ether I buy springs that go with 2" lift or, I add 2" spacers under current springs?

The OME springs only give you .5" - 1" lift I think. You need to add spacers to bring it up to 1.5 - 2".

The AC (4x4parts) springs say they give 2" but often you get closer to 3".

Nothing is more funny than reading a "I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK NOW I WANT TO MOD IT" thread. How about checking out all the parts first and seeing if it needs any repairs? Can you be that sure that everything is perfect on a 10 year old truck with a VQ? When was the last time that thing had a tune-up?

If all is well then you can proceed to making it more fun. :)

:my2cents:

Agreed with the stickied threads. Some really decent topics/info around here.

Another suggestion is to look at member posts/rig builds and then contact them by PM to see how they decided on what to purchase/install. I actually did that a couple years ago, but I had already installed the 2" AC coil lift and put 31's on...wish I would have gotten member input before I did all that. I definitely would have made different decisions...

Good luck!!!

Nothing is more funny than reading a "I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK NOW I WANT TO MOD IT" thread. How about checking out all the parts first and seeing if it needs any repairs? Can you be that sure that everything is perfect on a 10 year old truck with a VQ? When was the last time that thing had a tune-up?

If all is well then you can proceed to making it more fun. :)

:my2cents:

His 2000 has the VG motor not the VQ...

Maybe general maintenance should be your first concern like Tungsten said...

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

I agree, get your truck checked over and make sure everything works first. I passed 6 broken trucks, 50+k from anywhere and no cell service this long weekend. One waiting on a tow truck, love to see that guys bill. The others had help but at least 2 were going nowhere without a tow.

Once you are happy nothing is likely to fail do your lift.

You gays are totally right. I just change timing belt and water pump, and everything that goes with it. Check the engine, changed brakes. Everything works well .. I put in about $3000 so far. And i think i am ready for the lift.

I agree, get your truck checked over and make sure everything works first. I passed 6 broken trucks, 50+k from anywhere and no cell service this long weekend. One waiting on a tow truck, love to see that guys bill. The others had help but at least 2 were going nowhere without a tow.

Once you are happy nothing is likely to fail do your lift.

You guys are totally right. Since i bought the wehicle, I've put around $3000 for biger repairs. Last week I changed timing belt, water pipe and all the belts, put in new breaks, check engine, oil and all filters. Mechanic says track is in preaty good condition. Is there anything else i should look in to? I know i have to exchange rear shocks, cose they are rusted.

I say, don't listen to everyone about getting your R50 checked out thoroughly before you do anything, yada-yada. If you want to upgrade your suspension I say do it. You can get you engine checked out then too.

OK, for the fun part now!

Get the 2" lift springs from 4x4parts.com

Get KYB GR-2 Struts and some new rear shocks from your pick (amazon has good deals)

Get OEM strut mount hardware (mainly spherical bearing)

Get camber bolts (4 just in case).

If you choose, get a 1" spacer for the front to level out the truck (only install AFTER your springs have settled) nx4industries has these (daddyrim on this forum)

Install lift!

Next to-do

Warn or mile marker manual hubs (WARN is better)

Rock sliders

bunmpers

ect...

This good for you?

Jose

Thanks man, i looking forward to get it done soon. Just one consern I have about the rear shocks. On 4x4parts side I found rear Bilstein shocks for path. 2000. They dont call them "GR2". How do I know they are the right once?

You could buy the KYB GR-2 Struts and Shocks on ebay for about $200 shipped. Thats a pretty good deal right there, IMO. But be sure to get the KYB GR-2 Struts. There are many options for shocks.

Jose

KYB 4 GR-2 STRUTS SHOCKS NISSAN PATHFINDER QX4 99 00 01

I found these on ebay. Buy it doesnt say about any 2 inch lift on it. How do I know they are the right ones?

Struts won't give the lift, just the lift coils installed on the strut. If they are listed for your specific model/year, you should be good.

Thanks for that, what about these shocks KYB GR2s are they allready for 2inch lift? Or do i have to upply same spacers. I dont have any coils in the rear. How does it work?

Edited by LuckyLuke292

I got my shocks and struts from autopartsway.ca, because they do free delivery within Canada.

KYB GR2 Part no.: K11335030 (left) and K11335031 (right)

As long as I can remember, 96-2004 share the same rear shocks, no change in part no. As for the struts, 96-99.5, 99.5-2001, 2002-2004 are different. I think they have different mounts.

Andrew

Edited by dududuckling

The mounts are not different completely. You just have to use a spacer on the newer ones when using an older strut.

The shocks were invered i believe on the newer face lift? Some one corrrect me If i am wrong, but I believe the bushing is a differenrt size.

Jose