Replacing the stock radio.

NextToAlaska

Iam a music fan, especially in my vehicle, so the first thing I decided to do when I got my pathy was replace the stock stereo n speakers for some new stuff and high quality. I bought 2 JBL 1200's n am using 2 Sony explod 1200 watt amps. Just waiting for them to come in =D,my speakers i got at canadian tire, just some Pionner 6x12's for the back n still lookin for some mini's online for the front.

Found a wicked instruction guide on install doctor!

http://www.installdr.com/installdocs/nissan/PDF/647017.pdf

That is a pretty good guide. It covers cars with a built in amp. I think that throws A LOT of people for a loop when they replace the stereo. And if you have the factory amp and want to run your speakers from aux amp (instead of just your subs) have fun running all new speaker wires.

And just to throw in my $.02. Don't waste your money on "car audio" power wire. Go to your local Electric Supply store and just buy the proper gauge Stranded Copper THHN wire. It's easier to install, just a "shielded" and way, way, way less $$. And don't buy over sized wire because you think it's "cool." All you are doing is spending more money to give yourself a bigger headache.

To find what gauge wire you need you should take the total RMS wattage (sum of RMS/ch you plan to use) of your amp divided by 13.8. This is your amperage draw. Give yourself a reasonable buffer ( x1.5-2).

under 40A = 8ga

40 - 55 = 6ga

55 - 75 = 4ga

75 - 100 = 2ga