New member from NC

jahrs

Hello my name is Jeff and I just bought a 97 SE for my son who will be driving soon. I bought it so I could drive it awhile, do whatever repairs needed and then hand it over to him but I am having second thoughts and I may just keep it and buy him something not so nice. This is one fine SUV!

LOL A lot of people have bought a Pathy for a winter car or temporary wheels and wound up keeping it. :D

Welcome to NOPRA!! No matter what you decide, we're here to help you keep it running and maybe share pictures. Congrats on the 'new' pathy...

B

Welcome! Search around a little and yo will find ALL kinds of good info :aok: we'll keep ya on the road. Don't be shy about a couple pics of it too

Yes he is lucky but he is also a great son and deserves to be rewarded. I may just have to buy another one. I guess that wouldn't be too bad having two pathfinders in the family. But finding one like this will not be an easy task. It took me 4 months to find this one. It has 112K miles, SE with leather interior (hardly a wrinkle in the seats) and the original paint looks like new. Thanks all for the warm welcome and I will post a few pics this weekend.

welcome to the family! WAVEY sounds like you got yourself a real nice rig! may i suggest a wd-21 (pre 96 pathfinders) for your sons first vehicle? they are a bit cheaper to buy and verrrrrrrrrrrry sturdy and faithful. :aok:

enjoy the forums!

If you do look into a second Pathy that's an R50, I would suggest a 2001 and up with the VQ engine. A lot more power plus it runs off a timing chain instead of a belt.

I'm like your son, my stepfather bought me a 2001 LE. The funny thing is he bought it from the factory, sold it, then bought it back for me. Luckily, he owns a tir/repair shop and has done all the maintainance on it so there's no surprises at 130k!

Hey Jeff,

I live just south of Raleigh in Johnston Co. I just bought a '97 SE two months ago. Mine has 135,000 miles. Before that, I drove WD 21's for 23 years. I'm now on my third Patfinder.

Welcome to the NPORA forum...I just found this website a few months ago - its a great resource! :aok: