Intake gasket replacement. VG 30 I (TBI)

krmiller07

I just discovered that it appears my intake gaskets are leaking. Spraying carb cleaner along the intake manifold and clylinder heads changes the idle speed and how smoothly it idles.

I no longer have access to a garage or the tools to tackle this on my own. Does anyone know how many hours (Flat Rate) it takes to replace these?

Thanks

I just discovered that it appears my intake gaskets are leaking. Spraying carb cleaner along the intake manifold and clylinder heads changes the idle speed and how smoothly it idles.

I no longer have access to a garage or the tools to tackle this on my own. Does anyone know how many hours (Flat Rate) it takes to replace these?

Thanks

try to find a friend who DOES have the simple tools to help you with this, really, a mechanic will rape you on labor charges. You only need a few tools to do the job, alan headed socket, screwdrivers and 10mm socket or wrench and a couple other wrenches.

the gaskets themselves are only $6 each, and, if i was to guesstimate what a garage would charge you, i'd say $200.

Drive it down here Keith, I'll change it for you for free! :D

The mechanic might be cheaper though after paying for gas.

James

Thanks James,

From the looks of it, I just may over inflate the tires and 'float' down the Mississippi ! Then we can compare notes on the 'evil' twins ! lol.

Edited by krmiller07

Thanks James,

From the looks of it, I just may over inflate the tires and 'float' down the Mississippi ! Then we can compare notes on the 'evil' twins ! lol.

Just look out for the "Morganzaconda"!

5727962682_84e8cf0b33_z.jpg

The pics and stupid story's are circulating already. Someone had a picture of bigfoot coming out of the basin, but he had a ipod in one hand and a 40 in the other.

James