Ball Joints and Tie Rod Ends Choice

My rigs is starting to pull bad to one side so I'm going replace alot of parts on the front; but I dont know which brand as far as ball joints and tie rod ends to get; I'm also thinking of doing the wheel bearings too. So what is everyone using!?

Are you sure its those components that need replacement First? Have you checked for play or anything? Have you tried just getting an alignment first? Usually if its pulling to one side thats an alignment issue and not necessarily front end components. You'd be getting things like wandering and vibrations for worn out front end parts. You can check to see if these components are worn out fairly easily.

When I swapped out the UCAs I went with NAPA upper ball joints (similiar to Moog/lifetime warranty.) Lowers are still solid / no play. I will probably go with NAPA again for new inner/outer tie rods and adjustors, when needed.

Edited by cdnleaf
  • Like 1

Are you sure its those components that need replacement First? Have you checked for play or anything? Have you tried just getting an alignment first? Usually if its pulling to one side thats an alignment issue and not necessarily front end components. You'd be getting things like wandering and vibrations for worn out front end parts. You can check to see if these components are worn out fairly easily.

I had it checked awhile back and they said that they could give it an alignment but it needs ball joints; they took me in and did the movement of the wheel test and it does need ball joints. I just thought that since I'm doing those I might as well do the whole front end of this 21 year old rig.

I just put all Moog components on my rig earlier this year(along with a Grassroots centerlink). They are bigger than stock and have grease fittings! They are great, and the price was right!

This sounds like a WINNER!!