Awful squeak in front end

Igetstabby

So, ever since replacing my front sway bar end links last week to fix the clunk they were giving me (they were toast and had previously been replaced last summer :thumbsdown: ) I noticed there was still a bit of a clunk in the front end (drivers side) when going over certain bumps and sometimes just from the downforce of braking/acceleration. Now in the past few days it has progressed to also squeaking from any up/down movement of the front end at all and sometimes when cranking the wheel.

I'm thinking my strut is toast, but maybe control arm bushing or rack bushing? Haven't really had a chance to get a buddy to come give me a hand figuring it out. If it's the strut it gives me a reason to start putting my lift together but the timing could definitely be better as far as money is concerned.

does it squeak when truck is at a stop and you repeatedly push down or hop on the front end?

Maybe you can try to replicate the squeak and pinpoint it to a specific area.

does it squeak when truck is at a stop and you repeatedly push down or hop on the front end?

Maybe you can try to replicate the squeak and pinpoint it to a specific area.

Yeah it does if you really put your weight into it, I would have done that already but nobody's really been around to help this weekend and it's raining here today. No garage FTL.

• 1 month later...

I forgot to update this thread after I figured out the problem, but it turned out to be the brand new (2 week old sealed Moog) end link squeaking like a mofo. It was completely shot, seems like they forgot to grease it. :scratchhead:

My driver side ball joint was also prettywell toast, but wasn't making any noise.

Edited by Igetstabby

Turned out my strut bolt was striped (spl?). Found out when my mechanic pulled the assmbly apart to install the NX4 1" spacers. No more " clunk" sound for me. Might want to check into that area?

*edit ... or check your end link. It may not have been greased by Moog.

(I really must read every post before posting!) :togo:

Edited by devonianwalk