What is the max inches of water you can drive...

Brendan91

Youll drown the electronics box before the engine, sooo right under the passenger seat if im not mistaken (and i very well could be)

More commonly you will drown the engine before the ECU. You don't have to be in deep water to take in water. A big splash, a funny bow wave rolling back at you, etc. etc. Alot of engine drowning occur when you first nose down into a creek or river. Front end dips, then it's over.

The intake is right behind the drivers side headlight.

You have a car not a canoe.

Remember this each time you drive into water. If you don't want water in the cabin (drowning the ecu under the passenger seat) then the best way to avoid it is to not drive in water of questionable depth. Damage from water gets soooo expensive soooo fast. Keep a pair of sandals in your rig, and walk the crossing (both wheel tracks) to make sure of the depth. It is suprising how quickly a bow wave can wash up over your hood and ruin your day.

"You have a car not a canoe." LMAO, good point !

My questions would be up stream, down stream, across, or still water ? :rolleyes:

I'm morally opposed to getting stuck or drowning a vehicle, so I'll always get out and walk or probe before proceeding.

My thumb rules...

Moving water: if you have trouble wading across, so will your Pathy. Depth, current, and bottom consistancy all apply.

Still water: 3 feet deep and you are pushing your luck. Slaughter a chicken while wearing a goat's head and dancing around a bonfire naked (chanting is advisable). Procede with water crossing, hoping 1 chicken was enough.

Muddy water: don't guess. Get out and find out !

I carry a cheap telescoping fishing rod 6'+ and use this to check things out if I cant see the bottom. Then, if I was to drown, I can sit on the roof and see if the fish are biting until someone comes along to pull my sorry, stupid, drowned carcass out.

Rami may have some specific insight on this :hide:

Bernard