what happens when I get bored

ahardb0dy

Well my mechanic says the noise I hear in my tranny (on my 90 Sentra) when in neutral (5 speed), is the bearing just inside the case, so I had the old 4 speed sitting here in the box and decided to "investigate" LOL, pics below:

501lae.jpg

30bn5gk.jpg

33bel3a.jpg

10mv9dt.jpg

245yc06.jpg

2h3oke0.jpg

2cnjbrm.jpg

Yea I spotted all the CB equipment too. I have one of those old Astatic mics too. They are too sensitive to use in a vehicle though. If you fart while keyed up everyone will here it. My personal favorite for my truck was a road king 56. I even had a chrome cover and stainless screen on it. I will have to dig out my old running gear to get a pic for you. I was pushing 2000 watts out of my old chevy with the stock alternator. I had a base unit set up too at my old house but I don't think my new neighbors would want to see the antenna.

James

I don't have a garage that is in my shed, got AC in there too!!, That CB (RCI 2970) is what I had in my 87 Hardbody, The Astatic D104M6b mic is all I use, back when I had a base station (first was a Cobra 2000 than after buying the Astron 25 amp power supply sitting behind the tranny I was using a Sommerkamp TS-2000 (export version of the RCI 2950) or a Uniden HR2510 with a Astatic Silver Eagle lollipop mic), I use a Antron 99 antenna on a 10' pole that I put up when I want to use the radio, can't keep the antenna up as no antennas allowed here, conditions must be coming back I talked to California the other day.

I also have my ham license but no ham radios right now

better pic:

28lh0ts.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

Finally dug out some of my old equipment. This is all the equipment I had in my 90 model chevy.

CBSetup.jpg

Northstar 9000 radio converted to 11 meters

Road king 56 Mic with chrome housing and stainless cord and grill.

Radio pushed around 30 watts into the 3 pill (1 driving 2) Xforce amp which put out 600 watts.

Pushed that into the 8 pill Xforce amp that pushed a total of 2000 watts out through my home made antenna.

I built the antenna myself but basically cheated and copied a competition design. It worked great mounted on top of a steal headache rack. With a 1500 watt dead key the SWRs were 1.5. With just the radio on the meter needle would hardly move.

The bulldog meter was connected inline behind the second amp so I could check output or SWRs when ever I wanted. I had 12 foot coax's connecting everything which gave me a full wave length of coax and made the radio really loud.

On my base I just had a galaxy 66 and a palomar 400 amp with a antron 99 1/2 wave antenna.

James

• 3 weeks later...

that was the first trans I ever took apart, surprised myself remembering where everything went putting it back together! But it was my original 4 speed so it doesn't matter if it actually "works" as I have a 5 speed in the car now.