Suspension Problems

Guest matt_king95

Guest kkanaskie

OK, I think I got it thanks to the Nissan Auto Parts Dealer.com site which has diagrams! Attached is an annotated diagram showing the suspension and descriptions (theirs). There is no mention of "trailing arms" but it does show that a total of 8 bushings (4 kits) are needed to do left and right, upper and lower rear control arms. Doesnt explain why Automotive Customizers (AC)shows the Lower Control Arm Bushings seperately and of different design. I assume the Track Bar is the Pan Hard Rod.

If the attached image doesnt work, the links take you to the diagrams.

Hope this helps others,

Kurt

post-7-1081994168.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest crawdad

Hello All,

Do the rear upper control arm bushings need to be replaced as well? Or just the lower? Are the bushings the same? :beer:

Guest crawdad

Great. Just one more question on the bushings. What is the difference between these "trailing" arm bushings: http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...0a091ee0d3b5767

And these rear, "lower control" arm ones:

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...0a091ee0d3b5767

The Haynes manual interchanges the two terms trailing arm and control arm.

Will purchasing 4 kits of the trailing arm bushings do it (i.e. the same bushings are used for the upper AND lower control arms)? This question may have already been asked, but I don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Guest crawdad

Great idea. Thanks for the help.

The folks there got back to me in record time. Here is there reply:

Hello,

If you wish to replace the bushings in all 4 rear arms that are located in

the rear suspension. You will need to purchase 4 trailing arm bushings that

you have a link in this e-mail to (the first link). If we can be of any further assistance

or you wish to order, call or you can order on line at www.4x4parts.com

Thank you

Mike V

Automotive Customizers

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, had the same thing but different. My 96 2WD would make a wierd lurch when stoping and was very unstable at higher speed in any wind. So I put on some Gabriel HD Struts and shocks. Mucho better but the lurch was still present at stops and take offs. I got the $130.00 bushings off the AC site and then attempted to do it myself. No way. If you want to DYI this one get a sawzall and some good saftey goggles. Some of the bolts came right off. Some had bonded to the bushing steel sleve and had to be cut out. Repairs $200.00. Shocks and struts, $340.00. I took it out on a twisty road today and was hanging corners at over 50mph that before would scare a bull elephant at 40mph, and it hung tight too. I think I could have gone faster. Nice. The truck just sits up and drives like a different ride. Do it. Panhard is fine. I don't think it gets a lot of use. But the Poly bushing would take out some body roll I bet. werd...

Guest crawdad

Great news. My bushings arrived yesterday and I am having them installed this weekend. I will post the outcome sometime next week.

• 11 years later...

​I have had this issue since I got the ol girl over a year ago, I've neglected the issue due to cost and now am faced with more problems. U-Joints are bad now and I'm hoping I didn't damage any seals or anything.