New Purchase

TooQForYou

I am now the proud owner of a Glock 23! It's a used Gen 3 with night sights. I fired 100 rounds through it yesterday and it works like a dream!

Next up, concealed carry permit!

I was gonna post this in the CCW thread but it seems to have vanished.

Check what time limit you have your display set on (bottom blue bar with text in the middle). I can merge if you like...

Nice and I'm jealous. I'm about to buy a NorCal legal Glock 21. I've never liked the big rock throwers (357 fan here) but I want 1 .45 in the pile for good luck...

B

I CC a Taurus PT 99 (not easy "Full Frame") under a T shirt it bulges out, but I don't care! I want a Springfield .40 XDM 3.8" barrel..... :unsure: or a SFD!

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

Check what time limit you have your display set on (bottom blue bar with text in the middle). I can merge if you like...

Nice and I'm jealous. I'm about to buy a NorCal legal Glock 21. I've never liked the big rock throwers (357 fan here) but I want 1 .45 in the pile for good luck...

B

Oh ok thanks! I never noticed that. You can merge if you like. Doesn't matter to me either way.

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I went with a .40 because I felt like it was a more balanced round.

Roadie, I've heard good things about the XD(M). A friend of a friend has one and he likes it.

Does anyone know if accuracy is affected when Glocks get heated up from a lot of firing? At the range the other day I was getting good groupings (one bullseye shot on top of another in one case :] ) but towards of the end of the session I was making some pretty embarrassing shots. I attribute this to personal fatigue more than anything but I was just wondering.

You could probably just google Glock 23 and see what it looks like, but.... "This is my Glock. There are many like it, but this one is mine."

th_8ee2987f.jpg

Edited by TooQForYou

B

this thread needs an e-merge-ncy treatment :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

I love glocks! I got a 27 for carry and added the night sights but it's still too big to carry comfortably in the waist band.

James

How do you like your 27? I was thinking about trading my 23 in and getting a new 27.

Oh, the accuracy thing was fatigue, and poor finger placement.

How do you like your 27? I was thinking about trading my 23 in and getting a new 27.

Oh, the accuracy thing was fatigue, and poor finger placement.

It would do the job but it's not half as accurate as my glock 22. I added the mag extensions so I can get a full grip on it and it's comfortable to hold but still not accurate. At 25 yards with the 22 I can put 10 shots in the head of the silhouette target. With the 27 I can get 3 to 4 out of 10 in the head. The 27 is new where as the 22 is well broken in so maybe that has something to do with it. I put 3lb triggers in both so they are basically identical other than the longer barrel and grip on the 22.

James

Ok thanks! I plan on getting my CCW permit pretty soon. Do you think the 23 would be difficult to conceal? That's why I was thinking of switching to the 27. But yeah, I figured accuracy would suffer being that the barrel is shorter.

Ok thanks! I plan on getting my CCW permit pretty soon. Do you think the 23 would be difficult to conceal? That's why I was thinking of switching to the 27. But yeah, I figured accuracy would suffer being that the barrel is shorter.

I don't think the 23 would be any harder to conceal than the 27. The width of the pistol is the thing that makes it hard to hide. The 27 is the same width as my 22. I got a crossbreed supertuck holster for the 27 and the 22 will fit in it too. The only difference is the barrel of the 22 will hang out below the leather pad.

James