Thunk when turning slow

freyspath

Do you feel increased resistance (and then a drop) in the steering wheel resistance as you do this as well? My guess is that your steering rack has come loose a little bit. Have somebody take a look under the front as you turn the wheel while stationary, to see if it is moving a few cm from side to side

I think there could be a few things, but in my personal case it was a failing strut bearing and upper mount that was in disrepair that "clunked" while turning right at low speeds (especially while lightly braking). I believe there are other reasons but will let less car-tarded folks respond...

Edited by Rick13

I think there could be a few things, but in my personal case it was a failing strut bearing and upper mount that was in disrepair that "clunked" while turning right at low speeds (especially while lightly braking). I believe there are other reasons but will let less car-tarded folks respond...

Come to mention it... Mine actually does it when I turn and apply the brakes. I know that because I was backing into my drive way ( I park nose out) and when swinging the wheel around I tapped the brakes to slow my reverse. My strut bearings have 100,100 miles on them. Same with the struts and strut components.

Haha. Yea, that was bad. A worst-case-scenario if you will. I was getting popping sounds and clunking over bumps. But, like I said, the NAPA ones I have are great!

Jose