Roof Light Bar

Kmk2zf

I decided I would make a light bar for the roof over this past spring break and thought I would post how I did it on the forum to help others.I decided to uses a 1x1 square steel and then painted it black. The First thing was to remove the wind deflector from the the roof rack. I then cut a rectangle out of the suport and attached the light bar using the bolt that held the deflector down. I then ran the wires under the weather stripping on the passenger side door into the engine bay and also to the switch located on the dash board, and also grounded the lights through the sun roof. Here are some pictures.

<a href=http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/Kmk2zf/th_photo4.jpg' alt='th_photo4.jpg'> th_photo3.jpg th_photo2.jpg th_123456.jpg th_Picofcar.jpg[/img]

I just decided to get rid of the deflector cause then the lights would be lower and also because the deflector tended to hold water and other debris up there. The lights are kind of loud but only when the sun roof is open and I can always loosen the bolts and lay them down flat.