Tires again

Guest Canadian Pathy

Guest Canadian Pathy

Another new Canadian pathy owner and I have a stock 2001 XE with P245/70R16 tires at the present time. I understand the calculations to come up with a good tire size but I'm curious how big(Height & Width) I can go without having any rubbing, getting a lift kit or doing any other mods. Also what's a good all round At tire for snow and dry.

Guest MontanaPathy

I just purchased a new set of 245/75/R16's, man do they look nice, major difference, fill up the wheel wells w/out rubbing, don't think i'd go any bigger than that w/out a lift or trimming...

hope this helps

Guest TI RENagade

I have to step in on this one. I sell tires for a living (I know, yawn!), but I feel I have a good opinion on this. I sell Michelin, BFGoodrich, Yokohama & Hercules. Hands down, when a customer comes in looking for a do everything tire for their unit, I always drag them to the same display. The BFGoodrich All Terrain KO! This tire has it all! OK not really, it doesn't come with banjo playing porch monkeys, but maybe someday soon! Good looks, great life span, and TRACTION! The only AT tire out of those 4 companies to get the RMA severe weather traction stamp of approuval! Helps if snow is a concern! Next I like the Geolander AT from Yokohama, but when it came to my 94 Pathfinder, the BFGs got the nod in a 30/9.50R15. LOVE THEM SO FAR! Anyways, sorry about the sales pitch. I try to stay away from the dark side of the force when I'm away from work, but.... Still gonna call BFG about those monkeys though.