Mild Lift?

DesertFox

Hey guys, I just have a question:

At 137k my '01 Pathfinder's suspension is feeling it's age, so when I get the money saved, I want to revamp it. However, I'm only looking to do a 1" lift instead of a 2". I'm wanting to stick with a 1" in order to keep a little bit more of the tiny MPG I already have, I don't want to hear my struts topping out, and finally, the car is almost always on pavement with a rare exception here and there.

I've been looking at OME coils as I want to keep a comfy ride and I don't need heavy duty coils. I'm almost positive that I'll go with GR2 struts; not too sure on shocks yet.

So the question is:

What will give me about 1/2"-1" of lift, give me a decent ride, and be reasonable priced. Again, I'd like to go with OME coils as they seem like they'll give me the best ride, but I'm not completely set on them so just make your suggestions and tell me about how they ride, the lift they give, etc.

Links would be great, especially if you are suggesting AC coils. Pictures are great too!

Again, I only want a 1/2"-1" lift, NOT A 2" lift!

Thanks!

Whoops!

After reading through your thread, am I correct in saying that OME and AC coils are the same? Would I best off to just order from rocky-road?

When looking on Rocky-road, it says 1.75" lift; do I simply select the medium duty coil for the 1" lift? I appreciate tue hand holding. ;) Perhaps I should just call them when the time comes...

struts are not the same as shocks.

from what you're saying, desertfox, OME is the way to go for you. either MD or LD/stock load for you. MD will give you roughly < 1" of lift, and the LD will give you 0.5" of lift.

BTW, OME are also not the same as AC coils. from what it sounds, the OME coils are offered through AC.

Edited by esy

struts are not the same as shocks.

from what you're saying, desertfox, OME is the way to go for you. either MD or LD/stock load for you. MD will give you roughly < 1" of lift, and the LD will give you 0.5" of lift.

BTW, OME are also not the same as AC coils. from what it sounds, the OME coils are offered through AC.

I thought shocks = struts, at least for the front suspension?

they're more or less doing the same thing, but a strut is a coil-integrated system. it's meant to handle weight just as much as it's meant to act as a damper. a shock is separate from the strut/coil assembly, and is solely meant to dampen the ride.

Thanks for the replies!

Now for the medium duty OME coils, do I simply select the Medium option on Rocky-Road, despite it saying that it is 1.75" of lift, or am I not seeing the actual coils you're talking about? Again, I apologize for being so clueless. ;)