Code P1140

fusion

This might help you.

That is helpful to be sure but my wiring harness is in the way and I simply just can't get the frickin thing out! I am checking my swirl valves and putting new plugs in soon so hopefully I will be able to get better access to it then.

I had difficulty removing the driver's side sensor. It took a lot of yanking, and since the sensor was bad I didn't particularly care if I mangled it on its way out. But yeah, to be safe I'd just swap them out when you check your swirl valves (do you mean power valve screws?) and plugs, I'd imagine it'd be significantly easier without a ton of stuff in the way. Torque spec for the sensor is 64 to 95 in-lbs. I used two of these (about $55 each) vs. $80-ish for an OEM part. The new sensors looked identical to the original ones. Swapped them out in May 2010, no issues so far. I'm assuming you've already got the sensors, just posting this info if anybody else happens upon this thread.

Edited by Towncivilian

I had difficulty removing the driver's side sensor. It took a lot of yanking, and since the sensor was bad I didn't particularly care if I mangled it on its way out. But yeah, to be safe I'd just swap them out when you check your swirl valves (do you mean power valve screws?) and plugs, I'd imagine it'd be significantly easier without a ton of stuff in the way. Torque spec for the sensor is 64 to 95 in-lbs. I used two of these (about $55 each) vs. $80-ish for an OEM part. The new sensors looked identical to the original ones. Swapped them out in May 2010, no issues so far. I'm assuming you've already got the sensors, just posting this info if anybody else happens upon this thread.

I guess I just need to get all the other stuff out of the way and give it some more oompf. I want to keep it in reasonable shape so, ideally, I can switch the two sensors to verify that it is definitely the sensor, before replacing it. Thanks for the link! You just saved me some hard-earned dollars! :beer: