Washer fluid level sensor/switch in US models

Does anybody happen to know whether the US R50s have the washer fluid switch (part 27490) present, but unconnected? Courtesy Parts does not list this for my 2001 model on their exploded parts view, only for the 95-99. The part for the earlier PFs is not even listed when a general search is done. It would appear that certain vehicles include this switch for all models according to the diagram label, such as certain year Frontiers and the 93-97 Altimas, and it's also not listed as a Canada-only part. The Altima part looks identical based on the exploded parts view, so I'm thinking of scouring the local junkyard to try to find one of those switches and see if it'll work in my R50. It's probably a hassle to actually get to this switch in any vehicle though, so it may not be worth the effort. Guess I'll have to find out the hard way. I'll also get the fancy washer filter thing that's underneath the filler cap, if it'll fit an R50! P... The Quest's looks especially beefy...

Edited by Towncivilian

I wasn't able to find a sensor at the local junkyard. I checked a Quest and all four Pathfinders in the junkyard. There may have been one on the Quest, but we were unable to pull out the washer fluid reservoir to try to get a closer look. Might try again later. I did take a couple washer filters from some Maximas, but their shape is incorrect to fit a Pathfinder, and there's some plastic that gets in the way from seating properly anyway (which would be easily ground down, but the shape is still incorrect). The Quest we looked at didn't have a washer fluid cap, and thus no filter. I'll keep an eye out for other Quests or Villagers.

• 4 weeks later...

new4x4r provided me with a few pictures that explains the differences between the US and Canadian reservoir tanks. US models do not have the necessary opening to retrofit a washer fluid sensor. If you want to get this functionality in your US R50, you must replace the entire windshield washer fluid reservoir. I also do not know whether the necessary E42 harness (number likely varies based on your year) is present on US models. Here is the picture of a Canadian reservoir with sensor:

CIMG2151.jpg

US models simply have a flush plastic exterior, versus the sensor in the Canadian reservoir. I'm not willing to expend the effort and money to swap out my reservoir just for a working low washer fluid light in my dashboard, unless I happen upon a Canadian R50 at a local junkyard at some point.

why not just make a hole for the sensor IN your bottle? seal it up nice using some good silicone or maby the glue thats used for windshields and have yourself your verry own US spec message in a bottle!

Well, there's the issue of the wiring harness that I've not yet found. I've shoved my arm up around the washer fluid reservoir to feel for any taped up harnesses but was unable to find one, and I don't plan on further disassembly to locate it... Like I said, it's probably just not worth the effort and money to get this working.