Airlift 1000 kit failures.

WOT

Curious if anyone else has had a kit fail on them. I had my kit fail but I believe I may have run them low on air.

I have a good bit of weight in my truck from my stereo in the back (2-3 times heavier than most stereos) and I was planning on putting my 2" wheel spacers back on with my summer wheels soon.

With the addition of the wheel spacers, that would put my tires flush with the outside of the fender flare, making it obviously unable to tuck tire into the fender now.

Do you guys think I could get away with a new airlift kit with a good bit of psi in it to make it stiff enough that the tires would never contact the fender??

Im not looking to lift the truck at all. I actually like the look of it almost appearing lowerred, I just dont want to rip fenders off. The truck never sees mud, just my aggressive daily drive lol

I did have a bag fail on me. Got them replaced. Don't have a problem with the 2" A/C lift which takes care of most loads and I tow a trailer that has a tongue weight of 250 lbs.

I just recently had a failure on one of the air lines going into the drivers side bag... the installation requires that a larger hole be drilled in the bottom of the spring peach for the air line to connect to the bag. On mine, the hole I drilled is just ever so slightly off center, causing a hole to eventually wear through the hose right at the barb fitting on the bag - and then finally to leak air. It was easy enough to fix short term, but I'll eventually need to take the coil spring out again so that I can enlarge the hole slightly to eliminate the chaffing on the hose. Sigh.

Have to say though that I've been otherwise very happy with the air bag install. Easy to adjust for different loads, and even with just a few pouds of air in the bags the ride seems a bit more compliant. Having said that, I think if I was going to do it again, I would go with OME springs instead to carry the extra loads during our summer camping trips. Not much that can go wrong with a coil spring under normal conditions.

-sjm

Or you could order newer coils for the rear that are made to take a heavy load like OME coils, get the heavy ones as they take the most weight and are stock height.

From what Ive read the OME and 4x4 parts "stock lift" all give the truck atleast 1" of lift. I like where my truck sits right now with the stock coils, it can handle the weight.

Its that I want to put my 2" wheel spacers back on with my summer rims, so I cant have the ass end sag as much as it does on dips and bumps. Would the airlift kit at a fairly high psi stop the car from squatting and hitting my fender??

Sucks I missed out on that $25 off coupon that expired last week

anyone?? I wana space these wheels out

Dont know if the bags on good pressure will hold the add from touching fender since it wont be able to tuck anymore

• 4 months later...

I just put the Air Lift 1000 on my Pathfinder for the second time. The first time I did not drill the holes out in the perch for the airlines. I drove about 100 miles and broke an air line and jambed the nipple in to the airbag. I then took both air bags out and grinded the holes with an air die grinder to 3/4 " as sugggested in the instructions. I have not had a problem since. It is extremly importent to winden the hole to allow the bag/nipple/airline to move around in the opening. If you do break a line... you can get better air lines from Napa. They are prablably 10x stronger then the ones provided from Airlift.

Overall the airlift lifts the a$$ of my Pathfinder 2.5"- 3" when full with 35 psi.

I run with 20psi and the back is at stock hight now. (it was sagging about 2" and when I put any kind of load in the back it was bottom out central).

If your looking to assist the rear springs this will do the trick!