cluster swap

ChrisPerna

my truck has 73k on it and its a 2003 and my gauges are kinda shot so im putting a cluster in from a 03 with 103k miles so will my truck say 90k with the new digital cluster or 103k.

Edited by ChrisPerna

Every cluster I've ever swapped (analog or digital) the mileage always stayed with the cluster, not the body. So in my experience (not personally having done a r50 Pathfinder) I would say it's gonna show the 119k of the replacement cluster.

thats what i thought till i read this

"Mileage not guaranteed. Most vehicles store this in the computer, and may or may not revert to vehicle's true mileage upon installation. We cannot guarantee nor tell you which mileage will show upon installation.

Some vehicles require the engine computer to be professionally reset by a dealer in order for the speedometer to work in the vehicle. This is generally a service that they charge for, and if this is the case, LKQ Online does not offer a refund or return. Please inquire with your local dealer before bidding, so you can expect the extra cost that may by involved."

It's a shot, I as I said was just goeig by personal experience. Most of the digital ones I have done were domestics (I hate the monotony of resetting GM Passlock systems, sooo effin boring and time consuming) and personally have yet to see one revert to the body's mileage. But as I said, I ain't got r50 experience, just some insite from someone who's had many different dashes tore apart :shrug: