Looking to gain some cheap power and maybe better mileage

Ok, so as I have found out, it isn't quite as easy to find performance parts for my R50, 01 QX4 to be exact. I was searching on the internet and wondered if anyone had ever heard of these and whether or not they actually work. Here is the link http://www.gfchips.com/infinitiqx4.aspx , let me know if you think it would be worth trying or not, cuz worse case scenario, I am only out 70 bucks. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also wanted to know if anyone makes a cat-back exhaust kit for these, or am I going to have to fab one up myself. Either way is ok, but if I can find one that I like that is already made and I don't have to do all that work myself, cool.

Also, what is everyone's take on either the K&N intake setup, or the Weapon R one? I like the venturi style design of the Weapon R, but K&N just speaks for itself. Thanks again guys...it is so good to be back!

Don't do that chip, they're crap! Most "chips" out there are crap. There is a company out there, I think it's superchip or something, that will reflash your computer based on the mods you've done. As for intakes, most people say stay away just put a drop in K&N filter, others build their own with a MAF adapter, and there is a Jim Wolf pop charger. Best bang for the buck MPG booster are manual hubs either WARN, Rocky Ridge, or Mile Marker. They're cheap ($99 milemarker, $160 rocky ridge, $160- $200 for WARN) and easy to install.

These auto hubs actually affect mileage that much huh? I never thought it would, but then I got one downfall, I can't use the auto 4wd anymore! Either way, I would probably just use on or off anyway...LOL!

<edit>

And I searched the forum a little, but still hadn't found anything about kits, that is why I asked guys...just in case you were going to call me a newb and tell me to search...:fish:

Edited by Formerly_94PathyMan

These auto hubs actually affect mileage that much huh? I never thought it would, but then I got one downfall, I can't use the auto 4wd anymore! Either way, I would probably just use on or off anyway...LOL!

Manual hubs can be used with All-Mode transfer case system. As long as you have the hubs locked when using AUTO or 4WD, you'll be fine. You can disengage only when the selector is in 2WD. :aok:

You can expect gains of about 1 mpg with manual hubs. The wear and tear on your front drivetrain is also reduced.

I wouldn't say there are "cheap" mods out there but fresh plugs are always good, along with making sure all sensors are up to code. But if you want to increase output, you'll want to spend some decent coin to do it right.

i would also be careful with k&n style gauze filters. while, yes, they allow you engine to breathe a little easier, the gauze style do not filter as much particulate as the stock paper filters do, especially if you in a desert or dry place with a lot of exposure to sand, dirt, and dust...that will usually cause more harm than good.

i went to king of the hammers in johnson valley a couple of weeks back and had to change my air filter after cause it was so clogged it was making my engine throw a code!

but id rather buy a new filter than a new set of rings :my2cents:

Just to be safe, I just get the hubs that fit the 99 pathy right? Same stuff if I am not mistaken. I just don't want to order the wrong part and have a problem. Thinking of Mile Marker's because they are cheaper and I don't plan on trailing this anytime soon.