I want to lift my Pathfinder 1-2"

blackc

Hi there, I have a 1995 xe 2wd and I want to lift it a little to fit 31" tires under her. I heard that you can use the front springs from a old F150 in the rear or the Pathfinder and crank up the torsion bars. Is this true and what year F150??

Before anyone gets in here and beats you up, I will get you going. First, the simple answer. 31 in tires came stock on pathfinders. As long as you dont get carried away with the width(10.5 was stock) you will be just fine. If you want to go to a bigger tire size, I would do some searching. Suspension lifts and body lifts have been covered in great detail by several other members. Im not yelling SEARCH! SEARCH! SEARCH! NOOB!, dont get me wrong. What you will see is that several other people have lifted thier rigs different ways, and its hard to list all that stuff, especially due to some members being inactive, or long gone(this does happen from time to time). Do some reading and make a informed decision, then if you still need help, by all means, ask away! I will add some links to get you going!

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=20711

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=27432&st=0&p=510036&hl=+suspension%20+lift&fromsearch=1entry510036

Edited by 5523Pathfinder
  • Like 1

Before anyone gets in here and beats you up, I will get you going. First, the simple answer. 31 in tires came stock on pathfinders. As long as you dont get carried away with the width(10.5 was stock) you will be just fine. If you want to go to a bigger tire size, I would do some searching. Suspension lifts and body lifts have been covered in great detail by several other members. Im not yelling SEARCH! SEARCH! SEARCH! NOOB!, dont get me wrong. What you will see is that several other people have lifted thier rigs different ways, and its hard to list all that stuff, especially due to some members being inactive, or long gone(this does happen from time to time). Do some reading and make a informed decision, then if you still need help, by all means, ask away! I will add some links to get you going!

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=20711

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=27432&st=0&p=510036&hl=+suspension%20+lift&fromsearch=1entry510036

Good info without having search nazis screaming at you (which I have been guilty of, even in the one linked thread :lol: ) and while 31s were a stock optioned size, were they on a 2wd :scratchhead: Hmm...

AFAIK they are the same, although it kinda depends on WHERE it is rubbing...

It could be one of three things

1) Trucks with the 235's have a better turning radius because the turn stops are adjusted to allow the wheel to turn more, when you put on 31s, you will need to adjust the stops, or just refrain from putting the wheel that far over. This will have the tire rubbing on the frame near the compression rod bushing mount. (Atleast thats where my 33s rub)

2)Backspacing on an aftermarket wheel, if they have a backspacing different than 4", this could account for some rubbing, either on the frame, or on the fenders depending on the different backspacing.

3)Finally, if your torsion bars are sagging severely, or have been adjusted down on purpose, this could account for rubbing on something/anything.

I haven't read the above post, but a simple crank of the T bars and some new springs in the back will help you get apx 1.5"-2" of lift for almost nothing out of your pocket.

Instead of stiff f series springs, I suggest ZJ v8 springs. You will be able to/have to cut them down to get the desired height, but they will undoubtedly be closer to the stock-stiffness ride quality, especially since your truck is a 2wd, it will be nice for the street use, as well as any offroading will make you appreciate them!

I used 3" rough country lift springs intended for the front of a XJ to lift the rear of mine 3". I cut the pigtail off the springs, and if you can find 2" or 3" lift springs for the front of an XJ for cheap, I'd just cut them down, as I LOVE mine.

Happy trails!

Edited by OldSlowReliable