speedo issues

87SEdan

So I am having the common my speedo doesn't work issues. I've searched and found help, but conflicting solutions. Here are my issue

1-of all the gauges work except for the speedo

2-I replaced the speedo cable and the speedo goes straight to max and stays there

3-I read that there is a relay that can be replaced in the back of the cluster, does that apply here? Wouldn't that mean all gauges would be dead?

4-my shop is trying to get me to buy a new cluster, I'm trying to avoid this

That's it guys, any help is greatly appreciated

P.S.-what is the difference between off-road 87 models and non off road? The reason I ask is my gauge cluster is different than some I've seen on here from the same year. It looks like mine has 2 gauges for gas, one above the other. I'm confused lol

Edited by 87SEdan

Dual fuel gauges? Make the cluster metric and I want it! Our speedometers are cable driven, 0 electronics involved other then the light. The gauges CAN be replaced individually if it is a gauge issue, which I am gonna try to understand better right now. The needle stays pegged 24/7, truck moving-stopped-when not running? Any time the needle settles? does you odometer still count the miles? Any needle flickering at all rolling? Rolling in reverse make iffy to drop at all?