Installing my lift...

fusion

Help! Putting on my AC lift today with Rancho Rs9000xl shocks and KYB GR2 struts. I simply cannot get the struts reassembled with the bumpstops provided by KYB, no matter how much the spring is compressed. Is it necessary to have on there?

Yup, EXACT same issue. I called 4x4parts.com and they advised me that I do not need the bumpstop nor the dust cover. He said the dust cover does more damage then good by actually trapping dirt in instead of keeping it out. As for the bumpstop.... hopefully I don't need them. He said that because the springs are so strong, there is almost no chance at all of bottoming out the strut. I am going with 32" tires so that might be an issue with the tires tucking too much and rubbing on the inside of the wheel well.Although I will be disassembling the struts again soon to install NX4 strut spacers (I have a good amount of Texas Tow Truck rake), so I will probably go ahead and install them now that I know how the hell to actually do it. Thanks!!! :beer:

Yup, EXACT same issue. I called 4x4parts.com and they advised me that I do not need the bumpstop nor the dust cover. He said the dust cover does more damage then good by actually trapping dirt in instead of keeping it out. As for the bumpstop.... hopefully I don't need them. He said that because the springs are so strong, there is almost no chance at all of bottoming out the strut. I am going with 32" tires so that might be an issue with the tires tucking too much and rubbing on the inside of the wheel well.Although I will be disassembling the struts again soon to install NX4 strut spacers (I have a good amount of Texas Tow Truck rake), so I will probably go ahead and install them now that I know how the hell to actually do it. Thanks!!! :beer:

Whats the status on the lift??? post pics!!

Whats the status on the lift??? post pics!!

I am going to start a build thread with pics and videos soon... keep your eyes on the members rides section. So far, I've done a cb install, the lift, manual hubs, clean lights, flowmaster exhaust, etc. with lots more to come.