My lift

I found this site --> www.rockfordcv.com that sells high quality (at least from the site it sounds good) cv boots for just about everything. Depending on the condition of my joint, i will just order some new boots .

Actually Steve (NPORA MEMBER FLEURYS) discovered it for us a while back!

Fleurys CV Boot Find

White with the black = very nice.

I had a friend readjust his boot so that it doesn't allow the bellows to rub - it's an experiment but it might give yet another option to lengthening the lives of our boots.

I like seeing all these DuraTracs!!! I can't wait to wheel them this summer and see how they handle. If they are any good, they are quite possibly my favorite tire yet!

• 1 month later...

well i completed my passanger side CV replacement a while ago...time to do the driver side soon. noticed today that its torn... :thumbsdown:

i havent decided yet whether or not im going to buy a whole new shaft or just replace the boots yet...the boot isnt completely broken like what happened on the passanger side...

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

• 4 weeks later...

Is anybody else having issues with torn boots? my original driver side is torn as i stated above, and the CV i just replaced on the passanger side is torn now... :angry:

ive only wheeled one time since installing the lift...

any thought?

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

Where on the boot is tear? And was the tear in the same place on both of the boots?

It always tears on the inner boot, right next to where the metal clamp is that seals the boot to the shaft.

have you had issues? do you run with your hubs locked or unlocked?

I run with my hubs unlocked at all times unless I'm going into the woods. I inspected my boots last weekend and they seem to be holding on okay. They are stock and have never been replaced (165+k miles). I wonder if your boots are tearing there because of the "extreme" angle from the lift? My whole concern with installing the manual hubs in the first place was for this reason.

yah thats what i thought the purpose of the manual hubs was...not to turn the front shaft. I just dont know why my boots are still tearing if they arent spinning... :shrug:

and i know my hubs are installed correctly...i checked to make sure that they engage and disengage properly...so im dumb founded...

Weather wear and tear are all factors of torn boots. Both my stock cv's got torn boots a few months after the lift was put on. Simple solution for me was to get a remanufactured cv from orilleys. They come with a lifetime warranty on them so if they break or tear a boot in the future its a free replacement. Another big thing that helps is to spray down both boots with a silocone spray to help keep the boot rubber lubricated.

Fleurys also did a write up on here about thermoplastic boots if you are willing to take the cv apart and replace the boots on both sides. Those boots are REALLY durable from what I have heard. He has a write up on npora somewhere of the job with pictures.