shocks on a 2" AC lift

Ok so this question is for anybody who has or had a 2" AC lift, what type of shock did you run?

Right now i got crappy monroe's that measure 19" so i am left with about 1" of shock travel. Just going down the flat road should i hit a bump, the shock will top out causing a clunk from the rear.

I interested in what shock brand, length is compressed, extended, and the length of the exposed shaft sitting level is?

Thanks.

But what would knowing compressed or extended length of shocks do? Is the OP going to have custom sets built? The popular options for our trucks will have top out issues. I don't really plan on lifting, but i don't see the need for such info. Maybe that's because i don't get into that.

esy, thanks for posting the link to the pinned topics, but that is the first area i covered. I have found no info on shocks, as far as specifics. Like 01silvapathy said, its important to know so that you know how much travel you will get. this is good to know when extreme flexing happens.

My link

have a blast. ;)

My shocks were way too long for my original 2in lift. They would top out constantly while wheeling. As seen in this pic there was maybe 3in of shock shaft exposed...now around 6-7in is exposed at ride height.

Before

MemoryCardPics1stbatch120.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

Best way to find out is to test it. Measure full droop and compressed hieghts. Then measure the travel. This should give you and idea of what you need.

Alternatively, you could get these for your 2" lift. I haven't heard anyone complain about these with their lifts.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rancho-rs9000xl-rear-shock-p-1879.html

Jose